Special Recruitment Drive for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS/PwD for Faculty Positions at IIT Guwahati
Advertisement No. IITG/SPL-REC/01/2021
Online applications are invited from the Indian Nationals, who belongs to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS and PwD category for the faculty positions in the various departments/schools of the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati as detailed below:
• Positions: Assistant Professor Gr. I (Pay level 12) and Assistant Professor Gr. II (Pay level 10 & 11)
• Last date of submission of application: 15.11.2021
• Department: Biosciences and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Design, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Humanities and Social Sciences.
School: Mehta Family school of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MFSDS&AI), School of Energy Science and Engineering, School of Agro and Rural Technology, School of Health Sciences and Technology
• Qualifications and Experience:
Assistant Professor Gr I: PhD with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record. At least 3 years of teaching / research / industrial experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Assistant Professor on Gr II: PhD with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record. This is not a regular cadre of the Institute.
Minimum requirements of qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
- Separate online applications must be submitted for applying for a faculty position in more than one Department/ School by a candidate.
- Preferably the candidates should be below 35 years of age. However, age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD candidates is applicable as per Government of India norms. Age relaxation in upper age limit in case of SC/ST = 5 years, OBC-NCL = 3 years and PwD = 5 years (10 years for SC/ST and 8 years for OBC candidates).
- Candidates must upload their self-certified valid SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS/PwD certificate issued by the Competent Government Authority in the prescribed format in support of their claim. Original certificate will be verified during interview (in case of physical interview) / during joining the post on being selected (in case of online interview).
- Degrees obtained by the candidate must be awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- All Educational qualification certificates including the Date of Ph.D. Defense must be uploaded.
- All Experience certificates duly signed and sealed by the employer, must be uploaded.
- Candidates worked in Government/Semi Government Organization or Educational Institutions must apply through proper channel OR provide No Objection Certificate while applying or at the time of Interview.
- At least two reference letters from persons well acquainted with candidate's work are essential for external applicants for consideration of candidature. Candidates have to ensure that reference letters as above reach the Institute well before the date of interview for consideration of their application. Reference letters from the referees must be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be familiar with the Institute and for overview, please visit IIT Guwahati website www.iitg.ac.in.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for an interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any or all the posts advertised.
- For any correspondence please email to email@example.com or contact:
Faculty Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati – 781 039
Contact Nos.: 0361 258 2979 / 2059
13. Hard copy (off-line) of application is not acceptable. Please submit online application through the link https://online.iitg.ac.in/ofaspl/index.jsp.
Assistant Registrar (Faculty Affairs)
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati