Master of Science (Physics):
The department of physics started a two year Master of Science (Physics) Program in 2000. This program is designed with equal emphasis on both classroom lectures and laboratory training with modern equipments. A large fraction of M. Sc. passed out students find their places for higher studies in various prestigious institutes/universities all over the world.
Admission to M.Sc. (EP) Program:
The admission to our two year MSc (Physics) program is through Joint Admission test to M. Sc. (JAM ) conducted by all IITs. For more information on the admission procedure, please refer to http://www.iitg.ac.in/gate-jam/.
To oversee the conduct of all postgraduate courses of the department.
To ensure academic standard and excellence of the courses offered by the department.
To discuss and recommend the syllabi of all the postgraduate courses offered by department from time to time before sending the same to the Institute Postgraduate Programme Committee (IPPC).
To consider any matter related to the postgraduate programme of the department.
- Prof. Subhradeep Ghosh (HOD), Chairperson
- Dr. Uday N. Maiti, Secretary (Matters of PhD scholars)
- Dr. Pankaj Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Matters of MSc students)
- Dr. M.C.Kumar, Member
- Dr. Debasish Borah, Member
- Prof. A.Perumal, Member
- Dr. Gagan Kumar, Member
- Dr. Bibhas Ranjan Majhi, Member
- Dr. Kanhaiya Pandey, Member
- Prof. Debapratim Das, Department of Chemistry, External Member
- Ms Esha Bhatia, Student Member (PhD representative)
- Mr. Sumit Kumar Singh (M Sc representative)
To help the students in planning their courses of study and getting general advice on the academic programme.
Every student is required to register for the approved courses through the Faculty Advisor at the commencement of each semester on the day fixed for such registration and notified in the Academic Calendar.