- Mr. Kamal Kumar Paul, PhD scholar working with Prof. P. K. Giri has received the "Best Poster Award" in the international conference, iCONMAT-2019, held during January 3-5, 2019 at Cochin University of Science and Technology, India.
- Mr Apurba Das, PhD scholar has received the "Best Poster Award" in the "63rd DAE Solid State Physics Symposiumin"
held at Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana during 18-22 December, 2018.
- Dr. Srimoy Bhattacharya defended his Ph.D thesis on Dec. 20, 2018.
- Dr. Ram Kumar defended his Ph.D thesis on Dec. 17, 2018.
- Dr. Gyan Prakash Bharti defended his Ph.D thesis on Dec. 10, 2018.
- Mr. Krishnakanta Bhattacharya has been awarded distinguished student-FIP-APS award from the APS (American Physical Society) supporting his travel to APS April 2019 meeting.
- Mr. Dibyendu Mondal (M.Sc student) has been awarded "Gold Medal" in the national level graduate physics examination conducted by IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers).
- The article "Enhancing quantum correlations in an optomechanical system via cross-Kerr nonlinearity" authored by
Subhadeep Chakraborty and Amarendra K. Sarma appears as one of the top downloaded articles in Journal of Optical Society of America B.
17 Jan 2019, 04:00 pm:
Department seminar : Speaker Dr. Sujit Das, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA,
Title of the talk: Emergence of Complex Topology in Oxide Heterostructure, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
07 Jan 2019, 03:00 pm:
Department seminar : Speaker Dr. Devendra K Namburi, Cambridge University,
Title of the talk: What does the future bring? A look at high temperature superconducting technology for commercial applications in near future, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
04 Jan 2019, 04:00 pm:
Department seminar : Speaker Prof. Mishkatul Bhattacharya, Center for Coherence and Quantum Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA,
Title of the talk: Optical Tweezer Phonon Laser, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
03 Jan 2019, 10:00 am:
Department seminar : Speaker Dr. Ashish Kundu, Projectass, TU Wien, Vienna, Austria,
Title of the talk: First-principle study of thermal conductivity of DX centers in GaAs, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
International Conference on "Recent Trends in Cold and Ultracold Matter", March 27-29, 2018, IIT Guwahati.