- List of shortlisted candidates for IPDF selection, Department of Physics, February 2020 (click here for the list)
- The presentation will be held in the Department of Physics on 19th February, 2020 at 08.30 A.M. in the Department. The list of shortlisted candidates based on presentation, will be displayed in the respective department/center notice board.
- The interview of the shortlisted candidates ONLY will be held on 20th February, 2020 in the Interview Room, R&D Section, 3rd Floor, Research Building, IIT Guwahati at 9.30 A.M. You are requested to report for Interview at 9.00 A.M. on 20th February 2020 in the Meeting Hall for attendance.
- You are further requested to produce the following documents in original and also self attested photocopies of the documents along with this call letter to the department/center :
- Original certificate and mark sheets from 10th standard onwards
- Proof of age
- Proof of work experience (if applicable)
- NOC from the employer (if employed)
Important: The following things are MANDATORY and have to be sent on or before 3rd February 2020 to the email email@example.com
- The candidate has to obtain at least one consent from the probable mentor within the IIT Guwahati in advance through e-mail and send the copy of the consent letter to the head of the department.
- Candidates are requested to ask the referee to send the recommendation letter to the email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- Please acknowledge the receipt of call letter by email to email@example.com indicating whether you are attending the interview or not.
Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF)
As per Institute's policy Department of Physics also admit young researchers as Institute Postdoctoral Fellows(IPDFs). Under this scheme, IPDF will carry out advanced research at IIT Guwahati with a faculty member of our deparment as a mentor. Due to limitation in the number of IPDFs, a faculty member can mentor maximum of one IPDF at a time.
Call for Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Other Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Faculty members of our department are also accepting mentorship for young Post-Doctoral researchers under various schemes like N-PDF, sponsored project etc. Interested researchers are welcome to contact our faculty members for information.