- Dr. Gyan Prakash Bharti defended his Ph.D thesis on Dec. 10, 2018.
- Dr. Biswaranjan Das defended his Ph.D thesis on Nov. 29, 2018.
- Dr. Camelia Das defended his Ph.D thesis on Nov. 26, 2018.
- Mr. Krishnakanta Bhattacharya has been awarded distinguished student-FIP-APS award from the APS (American Physical Society) supporting his travel to APS April 2019 meeting.
- Mr. Dibyendu Mondal (M.Sc student) has been awarded "Gold Medal" in the national level graduate physics examination conducted by IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers).
- Dr. Ramakrishna Madaka defended his Ph.D thesis on Nov. 05, 2018.
- Miss Sheuly Ghosh has received the "Best Poster Award" in the International Conference "Evolution of Electronic Structure Theory and Experimental Realisation" held during September 11-15, 2018 at SRM University and IIT Madras.
- The article "Enhancing quantum correlations in an optomechanical system via cross-Kerr nonlinearity" authored by
Subhadeep Chakraborty and Amarendra K. Sarma appears as one of the top downloaded articles in Journal of Optical Society of America B.
04 Jan 2019, 04:00 pm:
Department seminar : Speaker Prof. Mishkatul Bhattacharya, Center for Coherence and Quantum Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA,
Title of the talk: Optical Tweezer Phonon Laser, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
22 Dec 2018, 11:00 am:
Department seminar : Speaker Dr. Joydeep Chakrabortty, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, IIT Kanpur,
Title of the talk: Effective Field Theory -- Why and How ?, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
11 Dec 2018, 04:30 pm:
Department seminar : Speaker Prof. Mariana Frank, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada,
Title of the talk: E(6) inspired U(1)' extension of MSSM: from Dark Matter to LHC, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
03 Dec 2018, 10:00 am:
Department seminar : Speaker Prof. Amarjit Soni, Brookhaven National Lab, USA,
Title of the talk: Lattice matrix elements for new physics searches, Venue: Seminar room, Department of Physics.
International Conference on "Recent Trends in Cold and Ultracold Matter", March 27-29, 2018, IIT Guwahati.