|| INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
BIMLA PRASAD CHALIHA CHAIR for WATER RESOURCES
Established by Ministry of Water Resources(MoWR), Govt. of India
(since joining the Chair in 2009)
- Bandita Barman, Anurag Sharma, Bimlesh Kumar , Arup Kumar Sarma,Multiscale characterization of migrating sand wave in mining induced alluvial channel, Ecological Engineering, Elsevier, 102, pp- 199-206, 2017.
- Abdulkerim Bedewi Serur, Sarma A.K, Impact of Spatial Data Availability on Climate Change Prediction in the Weyib River in Ethiopia, Water Resources Management, Springer, doi:10.1007/s11269-017-1613-x, 2017.
- H. M. Kalita, A. K. Sarma, An implicit scheme for shallow water flow with wet dry interface, Water Resources, Springer, 2016.
- Shivam, Goyal Manish Kumar, Sarma A.K, Analysis of the Change in Temperature Trends in Subansiri River Basin for RCP Scenerious using CMIPS datasets, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, TAAC-D-15-00589R2, 2016.
- Patowary Sudarshan, Sarma A.K, A Modified Hydrodynamic Model for Routing Unsteady Flow in a River having Piedmont Zone, Journal of Hydrology and Hydromechanics, Brno University of Technology, 2016, Vol.65, Issue 1, pp: 62-67, DOI: 10.1515/johh-2016-005.
- Ray R.M, Sarma A.K., Influence of time discretization and input parameter on the ANN based synthetic streamflow generation, Water Resources Management, Springer, 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-016-1448-x
- Abdulkerim Bedewi Serur and Sarma A.K, Evaluation of the ArcSWAT Model in Simulating Catchment Hydrology in Wejib River Basin, Bale Mountainous Area Of Southeastern Ethiopia, International Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research In Engineering,2016, Vol.3 ,pp 3-11.
- Sarma Banasri, Sarma A.K, Mahanta Chandan and Singh,Vijay P. Optimal Ecological Management Practices for Controlling Sediment Yield and Peak Discharge from Hilly Urban Areas, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, 2015, Vol. 20, Issue 10, pp 04015005-14
- Kalita Hriday Moni, SarmaA.K, and Bhattacharjya Rajib Kumar, Evaluation of Optimal River Training Work using GA Based Linked Simulation Optimization Approach, Water Resources Management, 2014, 28: 2077-2092
- Barman D. and Sarma A.K. Applicability of Cartosat Stereo Dem for Understanding Flooding Genesis – A case study from Pagladia river watershed in lower Assam, India, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (IJEE); 2013, Vol. 6, Issue 6(01) ISSN0974-5904
- B. Sarma, A. K. Sarma and Singh V. P., Optimal Ecological Management Practices (EMPs) for Minimizing the Impact of Climate Change and Watershed Degradation Due to Urbanization, Water Resource Management, 2013, 27:4069–4082
- Patowary S. and Sarma A.K., Hydrodynamic flood routing considering piedmont zone, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, Vol. 3 Iss 3, 2012, March 2013, Pages: 464 – 474 (doi: 10.6088/ijcser.201203013043)
- Barman, P.J., Sarma B. and Sarma A.K., A Study on Flood Hazard Mitigation of Guwahati City, International Journal of The Asian Review of Civil Engineering, June 2012, Vol. 1, No.1, pp 09-14
- Kalita, H. M., and Sarma, A. K. “Efficiency and performances of finite difference schemes in the solution of Saint Venant’s equation”, International journal of civil and structural engineering, Integrated Publishing Association, 2012, Volume 2, Number 3, pp 941-949.
- Maya R. R. and Sarma A.K., Minimizing Diurnal Variation of Downstream Flow in Hydroelectric Projects to Reduce Environmental Impact, Journal of Hydro-environment Research, 2011, 5, 177-185.
- M.D. Saikia and SarmaA.K. Numerical Simulation of Flow And Morphological Evaluations In Rivers Under Dam-Break Flows, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, 2010, Vol. 3., (DOI: 10.2316/Journal.205.2010.3.205-4913)
- Sarma A.K., GIS and Remote Sensing Application in Water Resources, Journal of Applied Hydrology, Vol. XXII No. 1, Jan 2009 pp 55-62.
(since joining the Chair in 2009)
A.K, Sarma B., Hazarika J., Patowary S.,“Ecological Management
Practices: A Participatory Approach for Sustainable Urban Development”,
the Thirteenth International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and
Society, 26-28th May, University of Toronto, Canada, 2017.
- Sarma A.K, (2016) “Vegetative Measures for Sustainable Solution to Erosion Problems under Changing Climate” [Keynote Speaker], 1st International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development-Opportunities and Challenges, 19th-21st Dec, AEC.
- Patowary S. & Sarma A. K., "Safe IDF curves from daily rainfall data for Guwahati City", presented in A National Conference on Water Resources and Flood Management with Special Reference to Flood Modelling, 14th-15th Oct, 2016.
- Hazarika J. & Sarma A. K., "A Study on Impact of Climate Change in Temperature and Precipitation Characteristics of Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya", presented in the HYDRO-2016 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, 21st International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering,8th-10th Dec. 2016.
- Barman B., Kumar B. & Sarma A. K., "What follows after sediment mining-a preliminary investigation", presented in 6th International and 43rd National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, 15th-17th Dec, 2016.
- Sagarika P., Hazarika J. & Sarma A. K., "Potential Impact of Climate Change on Rainfall Intensity-Duration-Frequency Curves of Guwahati city", presented in CESDOC-2016, 1st International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development-Opportunities and Challenges, 2016, AEC.
- Bandita Barman and Sarma A.K, A Study on River Bed Degradation due to Mining of Coarser Top Sediment Layer, Sixth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, 2016, ICCMS.
- Abdulkerim Bedewi Serur and Sarma A.K (2016) Statistical Downscaling of Daily Temperature and Precipitation Data from Coupled Model Inter-Comparison Project 5 (CMIP): In Weyb River Watershed, Bale Mountainous Area, Ethiopia, International Conference on Water, Environment, Energy and Society ICWEES March 2016, Bhopal, Indian. (Awarded with the best paper)
- Sarma A.K (2016), Water Management in Tea Industry under Changing Climate, Proceedings of 126th AGM of ABITA held on 20th Feb, 2016, Jorhat, Assam.
- Sarma, A.K., and Hazarika, J. (2014), GCM Based Fuzzy Clustering to Identify Homogeneous Climatic Regions of North-East India, Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainable Water Resources Management organized by World Academy and Science Engineering and Technology (WASET), 11-12 Dec 2014,in Melbourne, Australia.
- Sarma, A. K., Kalita, H. M. and Bhattacharjya, R. K. (2013), Simulation-Optimization Linked model for Deciding Optimal River Training Work, International Workshop on Morphology of River Brahmaputra, held in Guwahati, India on 23-24 of October 2013.
- Sarma A.K. and B. Sarma Optimal Ecological Management Practices for Minimizing Impact of Climate Change and Watershed Degradation Due to Urbanization, presented in the Seventh International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Science 2012, 25th to 28th June, Barcelona, Spain.
- Sarma A.KAssessment of Carrying Capacity for Hilly Urban Areas: Applicability of the Concept at the Ground Level, Thematic paper , CD Proceedings of International Conference ENSURE 2012, 24-26 Feb,2012.
- Thappeta S. K. and A. K. Sarma. Flow analysis in compound channel considering momentum transfer mechanism, CD Proceedings of International Conference ENSURE 2012, 24-26 Feb,2012 PID 366
- Patowary, S., and A. K. Sarma, Two Dimensional Numerical model for urban drainage system, CD Proceedings of International conference on Environmentally Sustainable Urban Ecosystems (ENSURE 2012), held in IIT Guwahati, India on 24-26 of February 2012.
- Kalita, H. M., and A. K. Sarma, Need of two-dimensional consideration for Modeling urban drainage, CD Proceedings of International conference on Environmentally Sustainable Urban Ecosystems (ENSURE 2012), held in IIT Guwahati, India on 24-26 of February 2012.
- Vinnarasi R. and A. K. Sarma,Climate Change Consideration in Planning and Development of Semi Urban Area, CD Proceedings of International Conference ENSURE 2012, 24-26 Feb, 2012, PID 280
- D. Barman andA. K. Sarma, Flood plain characterization of a river in lower Assam using digital elevation model data, CD Proceedings of International Conference ENSURE 2012, 24-26 Feb, 2012, PID 242.
- Vinnarasi R. and A. K. Sarma Statistical downscaling of GCM for predicting seasonal rainfall with short duration historical data Proceedings of 2nd International Conference ICAMB 2012, 9th-11th January 2012, pp-1622-1626.
- Maya R. Ray and A. K. Sarma, Importance of input parameter selection for synthetic streamflow generation of different time step using ANN techniques. Proceedings of International Conference on Neural Computation Theory and Application, NCTA 2011, 24th -27th October, Paris Franc, ISBN: 978-989-8425-84-3., pp-211-217.
- Sarma, A. K., Kalita, H. M. and Bhattacharjya, R. K. (2011), Mathematical model study for controlling bank erosion of Brahmaputra River, International Conference on the Status and Future of the World's Large Rivers, held in Vienna, Austria on 11-14 of April 2011.
- B. Sarma, A. K. Sarma and C Mahanta: Optimal Ecological Management Practices (EMPs) For Controlling Sediment and Water Yield from Hilly Urban Watersheds. Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Materials and Techniques for Infrastructure Development (AMTID 2011), NIT Calicut, India, 28 – 30 September 2011.
- C Mahanta, A. K. Sarma and B. Sarma: Water Quality Degradation in the Tributaries of the Brahmaputra-Barak Basin and Their Environmental Management Strategy, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2011: Bearing Knowledge for Sustainability Proceedings of the 2011 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress ASCE Conf. Proc. doi:10.1061/41173(414)483.
- B. Sarma, A K Sarma and C Mahanta: Geographic Information System for Environmental Management of Large River Systems, Abstract Book of International Conference on the Status and Future of the World’s Large Rivers, 11 to 14 April 2011, Vienna, Page No: 110, ISBN: 978-80-7399-518-8
- B. Sarma, A K Sarma and C Mahanta: GIS Based Inventory of the Rivers of Northeastern Region of India for their Conservation and Management, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Hydro-Science and Engineering (ICHE 2010),at IIT Madras, Chennai, India 2-5 August,2010, Page No: 655-664,ISBN: 978-93-80689-01-02
- Kumar, R. R. and Sarma, A.K. Rain Water Harvesting for Negotiating Impact of Variation in Climatic Parameter on Agriculture, Pre Conf. Proc. of Indo-Italian Workshop on Impact of Climate Change and Anthropogenic Activities on Soil and Water Resources, October 22-24, 2010, IIT Roorkee.
- Kalita, H. M., and Sarma A. K. (2010), “2D Mathematical Modeling for Deciding Optimal Bank Protection Measures”, International Conference organized by: Core Professional Group for the Brahmaputra (CPGB), held in Guwahati, India on 18-19 of December 2010.
- Sarma A. K. “Water Resources Development in India: Need, Scope and Constraints” Proceedings of International Workshop on Water Management, Organized by TIFAC, Dept. of Science & Technology and IIASA, Austria on Sept. 03-04, 2010, New Delhi, India
- Ray R.M., and Sarma A.K. “Simulation Study for Minimizing Diurnal Variation of Flow in a Hydroelectric Project to Reduce Downstream Impact”, Proceeding 3rd Perspective on “Current & Future State of Water Resources & The Environment”, organized by EWRI of ASCE, and IIT Madras, Chennai, 5th - 7th January 2010, pp. 000927-3
- Ray R.M., and Sarma A.K. “Artificial Neural Network Based Synthetic Stream Flow Generation Model”, Proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Current and Future State of Water Resources and Environment” Organized by EWRI of ASCE and IIT Madras, Chennai India, 5th - 7th January 2010, pp.000942-52
- Sarma B., Sarma A.K. and Mahanta C “Geographic Information System for River Water Quality Monitoring” , Proceedings of National Seminar On “Clean Water For Healthy World, 25th Water resource Day organized by The Institute of Engineers (India), Assam State Centre, 26th May 2010, pp 35-40
- Nesa, N., Sarma, A.K., Mahanta, C. and Bhattarcharjya, R.K “Assessment of Groundwater Fluoride Contamination in Affected Areas of Guwahati City., Proceedings of Regional Workshop on Iron,Fluoride & Arsenic contaminaion in Groundwater & its Mitigation Measures in North Eastern States, Organised by CGWA and CGWB, MoWRE, GOI.27th March 2010, pp 23-32.
- Ray R.M. and Sarma A.K., “ANN Based Synthetic Streamflow Generation Model”, Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Advances in Hydrology for Water Resources Development and Management, 2009, 21-22 January, WREMI, Vadodara , India.
A.K Sarma, “Water Resources Management in North East India” 2017, (Accepted for publication)
A.K Sarma, Vijay P. Singh Brahmaputra River Basin, Handbook of Applied Hydrology Second Edition, 2016, pp-105-1-105-6, ISBN-978-07-183509-1.
Sarma A.K., Singh V.P., Kartha S.A, Bhattacharjya R.K. Urban Hydrology, Watershed Management and Socio-Economic Aspect, Springer, Water Science and Technology Library, 2016, ISBN 978-3-319-40195-9
Mukherjee A and Sarma A. K. 2D flow simulation in alluvial river using MIKE software: A modeling approach, Lambert Academic Publishing. Printed in UK, 2011, ISBN: 978-3-8443-8408-6
Sarma B and Sarma A.K. Impact of Embankment System on Water Bodies of Majuli Island: A GIS Based Study, in the book Sustainable Water Resources Management and Impact of Climate Change, BS Publications, Hyderabad-500095, 2010, pp 333-343, ISBN : 978-81-7800-226-2
(since joining the Chair in 2009)
|Impact of Climate Change on
Precipitation Characteristics of
|Impact of Climate Change on
a Southern Tributary of
|Climatic Data Collection from Tea Gardens and other Sources of North East India and their analysis for Climate Change Study
|Impact of Climate Change on Stream
at Pandughat Station