|| INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
BIMLA PRASAD CHALIHA CHAIR for WATER RESOURCES
Established by Ministry of Water Resources(MoWR), Govt. of India
|Trainings, Dissertation, Thesis etc
- • Mr. S. Patowary is working for his PhD Research work on Mathematical Modelling of River Considering Effect of Piedmont Zone.
- • Mr. Chandra Upadhaya has completed a M.Tech project on “Eco-Index: Indicator of Hydrologic Alteration due to Hydropower Project”  and have joined as PhD research Scholar in the same line.
- • Miss Bandita Barman has completed M.Tech project on “River modelling for investigating effect of river mining on the river morphology in 2014 and has joined as PhD research Scholar in the same line.
- • Ms. Jayshree Hazarika is working for her PhD on “Fuzzy Clustering and GCM Downscaling for Predicting Streamflow Considering Uncertainity [Ongoing].
- • Mr. Utpal Sarma, Director of RS Division of Assam Remote Sensing Application Center is working as a PhD research scholar on “Satellite RS based study on forest degradation of Northeast India and its impact on climate” [ongoing]. However, Progress is not satisfactory.
- • Mr. Shyamal Deka, Asst Engg., Brahmaputra Board is working for his PhD on the topic “Reservoir Simulation Considering climate change scenario”[ongoing]
- • Mr. Shivam is working for his PhD on Managing Water Resources and Agriculture Considering Impact Change and Uncertainity Issues Associated with it [ongoing].
- • Mr. Abdul Karim of Ethiopia is working for his PhD on “A Comparative study on Impact of Climate Change on Two River Basins: One from Brahmaputra Basin and the other from Ethiopia [ongoing]
- • Ms. Sagarika Patowary is working on Basin Level Planning for Urban Watershed considering Future Landuse and Climate Change [ongoing].
- • Ms. Mridusmita Debnath is working on Water Management with Emphasis on Nutrient Balance Study of Agriculture Field.