Advance Electromagnetic Theory & Antennas
Code: EE 540 | L-T-P-C : 3-0-0
Review of Maxwell’s Equation and boundary conditions; time harmonic electromagnetic fields; vector potentials; electromagnetic theorems and concepts: uniqueness, image theory, field equivalence principle, reciprocity; Plane, cylindrical and spherical waves ;radiation and scattering ; dipole antennas and arrays, aperture antennas: radiation from open ended rectangular and circular waveguides, horn antennas, parabolic antennas, slot antennas and arrays, microstrip antennas.
Texts / References:
- C. A. Balanis, “Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics,” John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- R. F. Harrington, "Time Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields," McGraw Hill, 2001.
- C. A. Balanis, "Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics," John Wiley & Sons, 1989.
- R. E. Collin, "Antenna and radio wave propagation," McGraw Hills, 1985.
- C. A. Balanis, “Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design,” John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- R. J. Marhefka, A. S. Khan and J. D. Kraus, “Antennas and Wave Propagation”, Tata McGraw - Hill Education 2010.
- M. Sachidananda and A. R. Harish “Antennas and Wave Propagation” Oxford University Press, USA 2007.