Syllabus (Core): M.Tech
Power Electronic Converters
Code: EE 560 | L-T-P-C : 3-0-0
Power semiconductor devices, Uncontrolled and controlled AC-DC converters, AC-AC converters, Non-isolated and isolated DC-DC converters, DC-AC converters, Modulation techniques, Harmonic Analysis, Resonant Converters, Multilevel converters, Design aspects of Power electronic converters, Gate drive circuits and Protection
Textbooks / References:
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, and W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd ed., 2007.
- M. H. Rashid, Power Electronics: Circuits,Devices and Applications , Pearson Education India, 4th ed., 2017
- R. W. Erickson, D. Maksimovic, Fundamentals of Power Electronics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2nd ed., 2001.
- G K Dubey, S R Doradla, A Joshi, and R M K Sinha, Thyristorized Power Controllers , New Age International, 2nd ed., 2012.
- D. G. Holmes and T. A. Lipo, Pulse Width Modulation for Power Converters: Principles and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.