Syllabus (Core): M.Tech
VLSI Lab III
Code: EE 518 | L-T-P-C : 0-0-4
Experiments/Projects are based on the following topics: RF front-end: LNA, Mixer, VCO, Frequency Synthesizer, Power Amplifiers and Filters; ADCs, DACs and Digital Compensation techniques; base band designs: Filters, FFT, DCT, Channel coders and Decoders - Viterbi, Reed Solomon, Turbo Codes; Modulation, Synchronization and Timing Recovery Circuits; Image/Video compression techniques.
Texts / References:
- B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics, Prentice-Hall, 1998.
- P. E. Allen and D. R. Holberg, CMOS Analog Circuit Design, 2nd Edition, Oxford University Press, 1997.
- B. Leung, VLSI for Wireless Communication, Person Education, 2002.
- R. J. Plassche, CMOS Integrated Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Converters, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2004.
- F. Horlin and A. Bourdoux, Digital Compensation for Analog Front- Ends: A New Approach to Wireless Transceiver Design, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2008.
- K. K. Parhi, VLSI Digital Signal Processing: Systems, Design and Implementation, Wiley Interscience, 2007.
- E. C. Ifeachor and B. W. Jervis, Digital Signal Processing – A Practical Approach, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2002.
- B. Sklar, Digital Communications, Pearson Education, 2001
- Mentor Graphics CAD software manuals.