VLSI Lab I
Code: EE 513 | L-T-P-C : 0-0-4
Experiments are based on the following topics: Model Parameter extraction for a diode and MOSFET; NMOS and PMOS characteristics; Inverter characteristics; layout of resistors, capacitors, transistors and inverter; 1-bit Shift Register; digital logic cells; adders; multipliers; Ring Oscillator.
Texts / References:
- M. H. Rashid, Introduction to PSpice Using OrCAD for Circuits and Electronics, 3rd Edition, Prentice-Hall India, 2006.
- Charles H Roth Jr., Digital Systems Design Using VHDL, 8th Indian reprint, Thomson Learning Inc., 2006.
- J. M. Rabaey, A. Chandrakasan and B. Nikolic, Digital Integrated Circuits- A Design Perspective, 2nd Edition, PHI, 2003.
- N. H. E. Weste and K. Eshraghian, Principles of CMOS VLSI Design: A Systems Perspective, Pearson Education, 2004.
- Mentor Graphics CAD software manuals.