Syllabus (Core): M.Tech
VLSI System Design
Code: EE 515 | L-T-P-C : 3-0-0
Basics of system hardware design: Hierarchical design using top-down and bottom-up methodology, System partitioning techniques, interfacing between system components, Handling multiple clock domains, Synchronous and asynchronous design styles; Design of finite state machines: state assignment strategies; The Processor: Data path and Control, Enhancing performance with Pipelining, exploiting of Memory hierarchy.
Texts / References:
- G. De. Micheli, Synthesis and Optimisation of Digital Circuits, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2004.
- D. A. Patterson and J. L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, 2nd Edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc, 1998.
- J. Rabaey, Digital Integrated Circuits, A Design Perspective, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.
- H. E. Weste and K. Eshraghian, Principles of CMOS VLSI Design, 2nd Edition, Eight Indian Reprint, Pearson Education, 2002.
- C. Mead and L. Conway, Introduction to VLSI Systems, Addison Wesley, 1979.