Molecular interaction of host-pathogen-vector of infectious diseases
1. Host-pathogen interaction of infectious diseases.
2. Gene expression analysis of spirochetes: Leptospira interrrogans and Borrelia burgdorferi.
3. Development of diagnostics and vaccine against OMP's of Leptospira interrogans and Borrelia
4. Vector-borne diseases of animals and humans of zoonotic importance.
1. Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H) (1999-2004): Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUA&T), Pantnagar, College of Veterinary Sciences, Uttaranchal, India.
2. Masters of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) (2004- 2006): Major in Veterinary Public Health (VPH) and minor in Veterinary Immunology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP, India.
3. Ph.D. (2006-2010): In Veterinary Medical Sciences (VMSC), University of Maryland (UMD), College Park, USA.
1. Junior Research Fellow (Aug 2004- July 2006): Division of Veterinary Public Health (VPH), Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP, India
2. Research Assistant (Aug 2006- Dec 2010): Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, USA.
3. Postdoctoral fellow/ Research Associate (Jan 2011- May 2012): Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA.
4. Assistant Professor (June 2012- Jan 2017): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
5. Associate Professor ( Jan 2017- Sept 2021): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
6. Professor (Sept 2021- present): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
1. Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering BT 208 (JAN-MAY 2013)
2. Microbial Biotechnology BT 608 (JAN-MAY 2014, JULY-NOV 2018)
3. Immunology BT 303 (JULY-NOV 2014, 2015, 2016 , 2020 and 2021)
4. Modern Biology BT 101 (JAN-MAY 2015, 2016 & 2017)
5. Molecular Biotechnology Laboratory BT 380 (JULY-NOV 2017)
6. Microbiology BT 202 (JAN-MAY 2018, 2019, 2022)
7. Human Biology and Diseases BT 633 (JULY-NOV 2018; 2019; JAN-MAY 2021 and 2022)
8. Molecular Biotechnology (MINOR) BT 202M ((JAN-MAY 2019)
9. Applied Biology and Bioengineering Laboratory BT 520 (Jan-May 2020)
10. Seminar Course BT 300 (Jan-May 2020).
1. Anand V, Harshini SP, Gogoi P, Kanaujia SP and Kumar M "Structural and functional characterization of Cas2 of CRISPR-Cas subtype I-C lacking the CRISPR component", Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. DOI.10.3389/fmolb.2022.988569 , Vol.988569, 9, P.P -15 , (2022)
2. Hussain MS, Kumar M "Assembly of Cas7 subunits of Leptospira on the mature crRNA of CRISPR-Cas I-B is modulated by divalent ions", Gene. DOI.10.1016/j.gene.2022.146244, Vol., , P.P - , (2022)
3. Hota S, Hussain MS, Kumar M "ErpY-like lipoprotein of Leptospira outsmart host complement regulation by acquiring complement regulators, activating alternative pathways, and intervening in the membrane attack complex", ACS Infectious Diseases. DOI.10.1021/acsinfecdis.1c00602 , Vol.8, 5, P.P 982-997 , (2022)
4. Prakash A, Kumar M "Transcriptional analysis of CRISPR I-B arrays of Leptospira interrogans serovar Lai and its processing by Cas6", Front. Microbiol.. DOI. 10.3389/fmicb.2022.960559 , Vol.13, 960559, P.P 1-13 , (2022)
5. Dhara A, Hussain M S, Kanaujia S P, Kumar M "Acyldepsipeptide activated ClpP1P2 macromolecule of Leptospira, an ideal Achilles’ heel to hamper the cell survival and deregulate ClpP proteolytic activity", Research in Microbiology. DOI.10.1016/j.resmic.2021.103797, Vol., , P.P - , (2021)
1. Manish Kumar "Implementation of CRISPR-Cas system of spirochetes as an endogenous genome editing tool", National Bioengineering conference, NIT Rourkela, 6-7 Jan 2022. Vol., , P.P - , (2022)
2. Md. Saddam Hussain, Manish Kumar "The burgeoning CRISPR-Cas applications", Biotechnological Approaches in Animal Research and Disease Diagnosis. Feb 6, 2021 GADVASU, Ludhiana. Vol., , P.P - , (2021)
3. Saswat Hota, Manish Kumar "The surface-exposed, ErpY-like protein of Leptospira assists in complement evasion by acquiring factor H and I ", International Conference on Biotechnology for Resource Efficiency, Energy, Environment, Chemicals and Health. Dec 4, 2021, CSIR Dehradun. Vol., , P.P - , (2021)
4. Surbhi Kumari, Manish Kumar "Functional insight into association of ATPase chaperones with the caseinolytic protease of pathogenic Leptospira", Serine Proteases in Pericellular Proteolysis and Signaling. Oct 29, ASBMB, Rockville, Maryland. Vol., , P.P - , (2021)
5. Md. Saddam Hussain, Manish Kumar "Leptospira Cas8b protein: a genetic fusion of large and small subunit of CRISPR-Cas type I-B Cascade complex", Emerging areas in Biosciences and Biomedical Technologies-2 (eBBT-2). Vol., , P.P 46-46 , (2020)
will be updated soon....