3690 email@example.comKey Research Areas: Energy Storage and Conversion, Lithium/Sodium-ion Batteries, Supercapacitors, Electrocatalysis, Electric Vehicles, Battery Management System, Solar Cells, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen Production and Storage
Energy Storage and Conversion, Lithium/Sodium-ion Batteries, Supercapacitors, Electrocatalysis, Electric Vehicles, Battery Management System, Solar Cells, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen Production and Storage
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) : 2013, Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering, CSIR – Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIR – CECRI) – Affiliated Under Anna University, Chennai
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) : 2019, Chonnam National University, South Korea
- 18/02/2022 to till date, Assistant Professor, School of Energy Science and Engineering, IIT Guwahati, India.
- 01/06/2021 to 14/02/2022, Research Professor, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- 01/06/2019 to 31/05/2021, Post-doctorate Researcher, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- 01/03/2019 to 31/05/2019, Post-doctorate Researcher, Chonnam National University, South Korea
1. R. Thangavel, and Y.-S. Lee, Sodium Hybrid Capacitor and Preparation Method Thereof
Reg. number – 1020669980000, Year: 2020
2. R. Thangavel, and Y.-S. Lee, Manufacturing Method of Sodium Hybrid Capacitor Electrode and Sodium Hybrid Capacitor made by the same.
Reg. number - 1017834350000, Year: 2017
- R Thangavel, D Han, B Moorthy, BK Ganesan, M Moorthy, Y Park, Y S Lee, Understanding the structural Phase Transitions in Na3V2(PO4)3 Symmetrical Sodium‐Ion Batteries Using Synchrotron‐Based X‐Ray Techniques, Small Methods, 6, 2100888 (2022). (Editor’s choice), IF = 14.188
- W Lee, S Lee, E Lee, M Choi, R Thangavel, Y Lee, WS Yoon, Destabilization of the surface structure of Ni-rich layered materials by water-washing process, Energy Storage Materials, 44, 441, (2022). IF = 16.42
- R Thangavel, BK Ganesan, V Thangavel, WS Yoon, YS Lee, Emerging Materials for Sodium-Ion Hybrid Capacitors: A Brief Review, ACS Applied Energy Materials, 4, 13376, (2021). (Invited review)
- BK Ganesan, R Thangavel, M Moorthy, SJ Lee, WS Yoon, YS Lee, Improving stability using a mixed ion/hybrid electrolyte strategy in sodium ion capacitor, Journal of Power Sources, 500, 229918 (2021).
- Y Kim, W Choi, OH Kim, H Park, S Yun, R Thangavel, YH Cho, WS Yoon, Dual Lithium Storage of Pt electrode: Alloying and Reversible Surface Layer, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 9, 18377 (2021). IF = 12.73
- R Thangavel, V Ahilan, M Moorthy, WS Yoon, S Shanmugam, YS Lee, Flexible quasi-solid-state lithium-ion capacitors employing amorphous SiO2 nanospheres encapsulated in nitrogen-doped carbon shell as a high energy anode, Journal of Power Sources, 484, 229143 (2021).
- Y Subramanian, W Oh, W Choi, H Lee, M Jeong, R Thangavel, WS Yoon, Optimizing high voltage Na3V2 (PO4)2F3 cathode for achieving high rate sodium-ion batteries with long cycle life, Chemical Engineering Journal, 403, 126291 (2021).
- R Thangavel, M Moorthy, BK Ganesan, W Lee, WS Yoon, YS Lee, Nanoengineered Organic Electrodes for Highly Durable and Ultrafast Cycling of Organic Sodium‐Ion Batteries, Small, 2020, 16 (41), 2003688 (2020) IF = 13.28
- R Thangavel, A. G. Kannan, R. Ponraj, G. Yoon, W. S. Yoon, K. Kang, D.-W. Kim, and Y.-S. Lee, Surface enriched graphene hollow spheres towards building ultra-high power sodium-ion capacitor with long durability, Energy Storage Materials, 25, 702-713 (2020), IF = 16.42
- W Oh, H Park, BS Jin, R Thangavel, WS Yoon, Understanding the structural phase transitions in lithium vanadium phosphate cathodes for lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 8 (20), 10331-10336 (2020). IF = 12.73
- J Rani, R Thangavel, M Kim, YS Lee, JH Jang (+equal contribution), Ultra-High Energy Density Hybrid Supercapacitors Using MnO2/Reduced Graphene Oxide Hybrid Nanoscrolls, Nanomaterials, 10, 2049 (2020).
- R Thangavel, A G Kannan, R Ponraj, K Kaliyappan, WS Yoon, DW Kim, YS Lee, Cinnamon-Derived Hierarchically Porous Carbon as an Effective Lithium Polysulfide Reservoir in Lithium–Sulfur Batteries, Nanomaterials, 10, 1220 (2020).
- MS Park, HS Woo, JM Heo, JM Kim, R Thangavel, YS Lee, DW Kim, Thermoplastic Polyurethane Elastomer‐Based Gel Polymer Electrolytes for Sodium‐Metal Cells with Enhanced Cycling Performance, ChemSusChem, 12 (20), 4645 (2019). (Front Cover)
- TN Phan, MK Gong, R Thangavel, YS Lee, CH Ko, Enhanced electrochemical performance for EDLC using ordered mesoporous carbons (CMK-3 and CMK-8): Role of mesopores and mesopore structures, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 780, 90 (2019).
- J Rani, R Thangavel, SI Oh, YS Lee, JH Jang, An ultra-high-energy density supercapacitor; fabrication based on thiol-functionalized graphene oxide scrolls, Nanomaterials, 9 (2), 148 (2019).
- MS Park, GK Veerasubramani, R Thangavel, YS Lee, DW Kim, Effect of Organic Solvents on the Electrochemical Performance of Sodium‐Ion Hybrid Capacitors, ChemElectroChem, 6 (3), 653-660 (2019). (Front Cover)
- R Thangavel, AG Kannan, R Ponraj, V Thangavel, DW Kim, YS Lee, High-energy green supercapacitor driven by ionic liquid electrolytes as an ultra-high stable next-generation energy storage device, Journal of Power Sources, 383, 102-109 (2018).
- R Thangavel, AG Kannan, R Ponraj, V Thangavel, DW Kim, YS Lee, Nitrogen-and sulfur-enriched porous carbon from waste watermelon seeds for high-energy, high-temperature green ultracapacitors Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 6 (36), 17751-17762 (2018). IF = 12.73
- R Thangavel, AG Kannan, R Ponraj, X Sun, DW Kim, YS Lee, Highly interconnected hollow graphene nanospheres as an advanced high energy and high power cathode for sodium metal batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 6 (21), 9846-9853 (2018). IF = 12.73
- R Thangavel, R Ponraj, AG Kannan, K Kaliyappan, DW Kim, Z Chen, YS Lee, High performance organic sodium-ion hybrid capacitors based on nano-structured disodium rhodizonate rivaling inorganic hybrid capacitors, Green Chemistry, 20 (21), 4920-4931 (2018).
- TN Phan, MK Gong, R Thangavel, YS Lee, CH Ko, Ordered mesoporous carbon CMK-8 cathodes for high-power and long-cycle life sodium hybrid capacitors, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 743, 639-645 (2018).
- R Thangavel, AG Kannan, R Ponraj, MS Park, H Choi, DW Kim, YS Lee, High Volumetric Quasi‐Solid‐State Sodium‐Ion Capacitor under High Mass Loading Conditions, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 5 (19), 1800472 (2018).
- R Thangavel, B Moorthy, DK Kim, YS Lee, Pushing the energy output and cyclability of sodium hybrid capacitors at high power to new limits, Advanced Energy Materials, 7 (14), 1602654 (2017). IF = 29.37
- R Thangavel, K Kaliyappan, DU Kim, X Sun, YS Lee, All-organic sodium hybrid capacitor: a new, high-energy, high-power energy storage system bridging batteries and capacitors, Chemistry of Materials, 29 (17), 7122-7130 (2017). IF = 9.811
- R Thangavel, A Samuthira Pandian, HV Ramasamy, YS Lee, Rapidly Synthesized, Few-Layered Pseudocapacitive SnS2 Anode for High-Power Sodium Ion Batteries, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (46), 40187-40196 (2017).
- HV Ramasamy, K Kaliyappan, R Thangavel, WM Seong, K Kang, Z Chen, YS Lee, Efficient method of designing stable layered cathode material for sodium ion batteries using aluminum doping, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 8 (20), 5021-5030 (2017).
- JR Rani, R Thangavel, SI Oh, JM Woo, N Chandra Das, SY Kim, YS Lee, High volumetric energy density hybrid supercapacitors based on reduced graphene oxide scrolls, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (27), 22398-22407.
- R Thangavel, K Kaliyappan, HV Ramasamy, X Sun, YS Lee, Engineering the Pores of Biomass‐Derived Carbon: Insights for Achieving Ultrahigh Stability at High Power in High‐Energy, Supercapacitors, ChemSusChem, 10 (13), 2805-2815 (2017).
- HV Ramasamy, K Kaliyappan, R Thangavel, V Aravindan, K Kang, YS Lee, Cu-doped P2-Na0. 5Ni0. 33Mn0. 67O2 encapsulated with MgO as a novel high voltage cathode with enhanced Na-storage properties, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5 (18), 8408-8415 (2017). IF = 12.73
- R Thangavel, K Kaliyappan, K Kang, X Sun, YS Lee, Going Beyond Lithium Hybrid Capacitors: Proposing a New High‐Performing Sodium Hybrid Capacitor System for Next‐Generation Hybrid Vehicles Made with Bio‐Inspired Activated Carbon, Advanced Energy Materials, 6 (7), 1502199 (2016). (Inside Front Cover), IF = 29.37
Next-generation Ni-rich Cathode Materials for Li-ion Batteries, Sponsoring agency : National Research Foundation (NRF, Korea), Year : 03/2020 – 02/2022, Budget : 90,000 USD / year