Understanding heritage; Heritage legislation: culture resource management policy; Uses of the past; Archaeology and the public; Archaeological ethics; Archaeology of identity; Conservation and destruction; Art and myth; Social theory in archaeology; The archaeology of communities; The archaeology of personhood; Cultural landscape; Material geographies.
Texts / References
1. C. Renfrew and P. Bahn, Archaeology, Thames and Hudson, 2008.
2. G.J. Ashworth, B. Graham and J.E. Turnbridge, Pasts, Pluto Press, 2007.
3. B. Anderson, Imagined Communities, Revised ed., Verso, 1991.
4. C. Fowler, The Archaeology of Personhood, Routledge, 2006.
5. I. Robertson and P. Richards (Eds.), Cultural Landscapes, ARNOLD, 2003
6. J. Clifford, Routes, Harvard University Press, 1997.
7. M. Herzfeld, Cultural Intimacy: Social Poetics in the Nation-state, Routledge, 1997.
8. M. B. Schiffer (Ed.), Social Theory in Archaeology, The University of Utah Press, 2000.
9. M. A. Canuto and J. Yaeger (Ed.), The Archaeology of Communities, Routledge, 2006.
10. N. Clark, D. Massey and P. Sarre (Ed.), Material Geographies, The Open University, 2008.
11. T. G. Thakurta, Monuments, Objects, Histories: Institutions of Art in Colonial and Postcolonial India, Permanent Black, 2004.
Academic Complex Block F Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati, Assam, 781039