Focus on 'Display Typography'
Typography Day will be organized for the sixth time in 2013 at the Department of Design (DoD) at the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme of the event being 'Display Typography'
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to display typography. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. Exhibitions on Posters on Display Typography and Typography Design in Schools will also be hosted at the venue.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on 'Research in Typography'
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on 'Display Typography'
The Conference focused on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in Display Typography design.
- Display Typography design with multilingual scripts.
- Display Typography design in native (indigenous) Scripts.
- Display Typography design within local contexts.
- Research activities in Display Typography.