Department of EEE
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Assam, India, Pin- 781039
|Humbolt Research Fellowship||May 2002 - August 2003|
|Commonwealth Scholarship||October 1996 - September 1999|
|GATE Scholarship||July 1988 - January 1990|
|National Scholarship||July 1981 - May 1988|
|National Rural Talent Scholarship||July 1977 - May 1981|
|Professor (HAG) - IIT Guwahati||September 2013 - cont.|
|Professor - IIT Guwahati||August 2007 - August 2013|
|Associate Professor - IIT Guwahati||June 2004 - August 2007|
|Assistant Professor - IIT Guwahati||November 1999 - June 2004|
|Sr. Lecturer/Lecturer - IGIT Sarang, Odisha||March 1990 - November 1999|
Control Theory Applications
|Electrical Sciences||B.Tech. (Core, 1st Sem)||Theory|
|Basic Electronics||B.Tech.(Core, 1st Sem)||Theory|
|Basic Electronics Lab.||B.Tech. (Core, 2nd Sem).||Laboratory|
|Control Systems||B.Tech.||Theory / Laboratory|
|Introduction to Electrical Engineering Lab.||B.Tech. (ECE/MECH)||Laboratory|
|Advanced Control Systems (Core)||B.Tech. (EEE)||Theory|
|Instrumentation and Control Lab.||B.Tech.||Laboratory|
|Advanced Control Systems (Elective)||B.Tech.(EEE/ECE)||Theory|
|Industrial Electronics||B.Tech.||Theory / Laboratory|
|Computer Control||B.Tech./M.Tech./Ph.D.||Theory / Laboratory|
|Modeling and Simulation of Dynamic Systems||B.Tech./M.Tech./Ph.D.||Theory|
|Linear Systems Theory||M.Tech./Ph.D.||Theory|
|Applied Control Lab.||M.Tech./Ph.D.||Laboratory|
|Nonlinear Systems Analysis||M.Tech.||Theory|
Advanced Control Theory - A Relay Feedback Approach - Cengage India/Cengage Asia Ltd., 2009
PID Control in the Third Millennium (Chapter titled Control Structures for Time Delay Systems) - Springer London, 2012.
Digital Control Systems ( CD Cell, QIP, IIT Guwahati, 2011)
PhD Theses guided independently:     (Theses titles and scholars)
1. Limit Cycle Approach for Identification and Control of Industrial Processes (Scholar: Dr. P.K. Padhy)
2. Controller Design Methods for Linear Systems with Emphasis on Integrating Processes (Scholar: Dr. A. Ali)
3. Relay Feedback Method for Process Modelling (Scholar: Dr. U.V. Mehta)
4. Improved Control Structures and Methodologies for Linear Processes with Delay (Scholar: Dr. D. Padhan)
5. State Space Based Load Frequency Control of Multi-Area Power Systems (Scholar: Dr. K.P. Singh Parmar)
6. Identification of Process Dynamics using Relay with Hysteresis (Scholar: Dr. Bajarangbali)
7. Identification Schemes for Modelling of Dead Time Processes-A Limit Cycle Approach (Scholar: Dr. S. Pandey)
8. Dead-time Dynamics Modelling and Identification of a Class of Processes-A Real-time Approach (Scholar: Dr. P. Ghorai)
9. Identification of Block Oriented Nonlinear Models using Relay (Scholar: Dr. T. Meher)
10. Generalized Predictive Control of DC-DC Buck Converter (Scholar: Dr. K. Manjari)
PhD Theses guided jointly:
1. (Dr. P Kumar, Dr. S Majhi) The Solar Assisted Smart Public Transportation System and its Coordination with the Grid (Scholar: Dr. M.B. Naik)
2. (Dr. I Kar, Dr. S Majhi) Design and Implementation of Consensus in Multi-agent Systems with Input and Communication Time-Delays (Scholar: Dr. Y.V. Karteek)
3. (Dr. S Majhi, Dr. A.K. Gogoi) Identification of Process Models using Relay Feedback Response (Scholar: Dr. V.R. Kasi)
4. (Dr. S Majhi, Dr. C Mahanta) Auto-tuning of Fractional Order PID Controllers for a Class of Processes with Time Delay (Scholar: Dr. G. Baruah)
5. (Dr. S Krishnaswamy, Dr. S Majhi) Control Over Erasure Communication Network (Scholar: Dr. A. Mazumdar)
6. (Dr. S Majhi, Dr. H Nemade) Design and Implementation of DC-DC Converters with Improved Step-up/down Conversion Ratio and Reduced Voltage Stress (Scholar: Dr. M. Biswas)
7. (Dr. S Majhi, Dr. S K Nayak) Development of Robust State of Charge Estimation Algorithms for Lithium-ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles (Thesis Submitted by Mr. G Sethia)
Scopus Database (As on April, 2022)
Citations: 2222 (6 publications each having 100+ citations, 13 publications each having 50+ citations)
h-index: 23 in Control Systems Engg
> Ghorai P., Majhi S., Pandey S. and Kasi V., Modelling and Estimation of Dynamics of Time Delayed Plants/Processes, Accepted in the International Journal of Dynamics and Control, 2022.
> Das K., Krishnaswamy S. and Majhi S., H2 Optimal Model Order Reduction over a Finite Time Interval, IEEE Control Systems Letters, Vol. 6, pp 2467-2472, 2022.
> Mazumdar A., Krishnaswamy K.S. and Majhi S., On Passivity, Feedback Passivity, and Feedback Passivity over Erasure Network: A Piecewise Affine Approximation Approach, International Journal of Systems Science, Abhijit et al, 2022.
> Mazumdar A., Krishnaswamy K.S. and Majhi S., H_∞ Control of Smooth Nonlinear Systems, IFAC 7th Int. Conf. on Advances in Control & Optimization of Dynamical Systems, ACODS 2022, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, Feb 22-25, 2022.
> Das K., Bhonje S., Krishnaswamy S. and Majhi S., An Empirical Method for Approximate H_2 Optimal Model Order Reduction, IFAC 7th Int. Conf. on Advances in Control & Optimization of Dynamical Systems, ACODS 2022, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, Feb 22-25, 2022.
> Das K., Krishnaswamy S. and Majhi S., Empirical Computation of Reachability Gramian for Linear-Time Varying Systems, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Vol. 54, Issue 9, pp. 119-124, 2021.
> Mazumdar A., Krishnaswamy K.S. and Majhi S., H_∞ Optimal Control of Jump Systems Over Multiple Lossy Communication Channels, IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, Vol. 38(3), pp. 822-854, 2021.
> Biswas M., Majhi S. and Nemade H., Design and Analysis of a High-Efficiency Two-Phase Interleaved Boost Converter with Modified Conversion Ratio and Low Voltage Stress, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, Vol. 30, No. 9, July, 2021.
> Mazumdar A., Krishnaswamy S. and Majhi S., H_Infinity Optimal Control Over Multiple Gilbert-Elliott type Communication Channels, IFAC Journal of Systems and Control, Vol. 16, June 2021.
> Biswas M., Majhi S. and Nemade H., A High Step-Down DC-DC Converter with Reduced Inductor Current Ripple and Low Voltage Stress, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol 57, Issue 2, pp. 1559-1571, April 2021.
> Sethia G., Nayak SK. and Majhi S., An Approach to Estimate Lithium-ion Battery State of Charge Based on Adaptive Lyapunov Super Twisting Observer, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 68, Issue 3, pp. 1319-1329, March 2021.
> Sethia G., Majhi S., Nayak SK. and Mitra S., Strict Lyapunov Super Twisting Observer Design for State of Charge Prediction of Lithium-ion Batteries, IET Renewable Power Generation, Vol. 15, Issue 2, pp. 424-435, February 2021.
> Biswas M., Majhi S. and Nemade H., Performance of a Coupled Inductor for Interleaved Buck Converter with Improved Step-down Conversion Ratio, IET Journal on Power Electronics, Vol. 14, Issue 2, pp. 239-256, February 2021.
> Ghorai P., Majhi S., Kasi V. and Pandey S., Transfer Function Identiﬁcation of a Liquid Flow-line Pressure Control System from Simple Relay Auto-tuning, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol. 43, Issue 4, pp. 792-801, February 2021.