The Photonics and Microelectronics Lab is accessible to postgraduate student of Electronics and Electrical department. The lab is well equipped with NI ELVIS prototype board, FOTEx add-in module,NI ELVISMX software, Optiwave design suite, Ansys Lumerical, etc. to design modern fiber optic communication system.
- To learn the various Photonics and Microelectronics Simulation software.
- To learn the basic elements of optical fiber transmission link, fiber modes configurations and structures.
- To understand the different kind of losses, signal distortion in optical waveguides and other signal degradation factors.
- To have hands on experience on photonics devices.
- Experimental Characterization of Low Loss Semiconductor/Dielectric Waveguides and Interconnects, Optoelectronic device simulation and fabrications: Photonics-based Sensors,Photonics-based Metrology and Instrumentation, Photonic Integrated Circuits,Nano and Micro Opto-Electro-Mechanical Systems (NOEMS/MOEMS), Semiconductor Lasers, Modulators, and Detectors.
List of Equipments :
- NI ELVIS MX
- Ansys Lumerical
- Silvaco TCAD
- Synopsis TCAD
- NI ELVIS prototype board
- FOTEx add-in module
EE-519 photonics and microelectronics Lab
- An Introduction to the NI ELVIS II test equipment & the FOTEx Experiment add-in module.
- Fiber optic transmission (analog data) using FOTEx transmitter and receiver module.
- Fiber optic transmission (Digital data) using FOTEx transmitter and receiver module.
- Fiber optics unidirectional communication and Bidirectional.
- Design an optical communication system consisting of two transmitters which operate at different wavelengths and send different data streams.
- Design and Characterization of a Waveguide Grating.
- Design and analysis of Long Channel MOSFET and its Parameter Extraction.
- Design and analysis of Short Channel MOSFET and its Parameter Extraction.