Dr. Ankita Gaur obtained her Master's degree in Physics from Mahatma Jyotiba Phulle Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India in 2008. Dr. Gaur got the gold medal in Physics for topping the university at post graduate level. She was awarded the INSPIRE Fellowship in 2010 from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India. Dr. Ankita received her Ph.D degree. in 2014 from Centre for Energy studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. During her Ph.D, Dr. Ankita performed numerical and experimental investigations on organic and inorganic solar cells with their applications in solar thermal (PVT) and building integrated photovoltaic thermal (BiPVT) systems. She received the Shrimati Vijay Usha Sodha award for best research publications in 2015 from IIT Delhi. After her PhD, Dr. Gaur joined Department of Physics of Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai in Dec 2014, where, she worked on fabrication and efficiency enhancement of perovskite solar cells. Further, she joined " Centre for Energy and Thermal of Lyon (CETHIL) UMR CNRS 5008, National Institute of Applied Science, Lyon, France as a Research Scientist in May 2015. During this post doc, she worked on Photovoltaic thermal integrated green house with the aim of achieving a good combination of high electrical efficiency and cultivation in several ways. Dr. Ankita has joined Centre for Energy IIT Guwahati as Ramanujan Fellow in Jan. 2019. Before joining the Centre for Energy IIT Guwahati, Dr. Gaur was working as a Research scientist in “LOCIE" UMR CNRS 5271, which is a joint laboratory of University of Savoie Mont Blanc and National Solar Energy Centre (INES), Le Bourget du lac, France since April 2016, where she worked on building integrated photovoltaic with phase change materials and absorption machine. She has produced research publications in international peer reviewed journals as Applied Energy, Progress in photovoltaics, Energy conversion and management, Renewable Energy, Journal of applied physics etc. to her credit. Her areas of interest are Bio-inspired multi regulation, Heat and mass transfer, Development and integration of advanced solar energy devices, Solar photovoltaics, Solar Photovoltaic thermal, Design and optimization of renewable energy system, Organic solar cells, exergy, CO2 mitigation climate change and carbon trading.
- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2014
- M.Sc. M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, India, 2008
- B.Sc. M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, India, 2006
- 2019-Present: Ramanujan Fellow, Centre for Energy, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- 2016-2018: Research Scientist, Optimization Laboratory of Design and Environmental Engineering (LOCIE) UMR CNRS 5271, University of Savoie Mont-Blanc, Campus scientific, Le Bourget du Lac, France
- 2015-2016: Research Scientist, Centre of Energy and Thermal of Lyon (CETHIL) UMR CNRS 5008, National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA) Lyon, France.
- 2014-2015: Research Associate, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- 2009-2010: Lecturer, Government Polytechnic college Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh, India.