Entrepreneurship and an entrepreneurial perspective, economics and entrepreneurship, significance of entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship in relation to small business and corporate venture; Entrepreneurship and innovation: creativity, innovation -technological innovation and scientific knowledge, success factors for entrepreneurship; Business planning for a new venture: the concept of a planning paradigm, the four stage growth model, fundamentals of feasibility plan, steps/common elements; Marketing analysis and competitive analysis, strategies; Forms of business enterprises, Sole proprietorship, partnership and corporations;Financial resources- Project financing: fixed and working capital requirements, equity- financing , securities market, venture capital ; debt financing, banks and financial institutions and other non-bank financial sources., Government programmes : direct loan assistance and subsidies, Appraisal of project financing by banks and financial institutions in India. Managing growth and transition: the organization life cycle; The entrepreneur-s perspective, changing roles.
1. D. H. Holt, Entrepreneurship, New Venture Creation, Prentice -Hall of
2. S. B. Gupta, Monetary Economics, Institutions, Theory and Policy, S. Chand &
Company Ltd, 2002.
1. D. F.- Kuratko and R. M. Hodgetts, Entrepreneurship, A Contemporary
Approach, The Dryden Press, Harcourt Brace College Publishers, 1998.
2. R. Vishwanathan, Industrial Finance, S. Chand & Company Ltd, 1988.
3. L. M. Bhole Financial Institutions and Markets, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2001.