English communication skills; Basic aspects of language skills, modes of writing, comprehension & composition, pronunciation, vocabulary extension, word orderand structure of words; The fundamentals of grammar; textual pieces for literary appreiciation, non-traditional material; newspaper articles and advertisements.
1. K. Mohan and M. Raman, Effective English Communication, Tata McGraw Hill , 2000.
2. Wren and Martin, English Grammar and Compositions, S. Chand & Co. Ltd., 2001.
3. A. K. Mishra, Avoid Errors, L Bharathi Prakashan, 1998.
EN 002 Preparatory English II
Forms of literature: drama, poetry, prose, essay and short stories; critical appreciation; letter writing, note taking, communicative skills; idioms and phrases; synonyms.
1. G. Orwell, Animal Farm, Signet, 1988.
1.- P. M. Roget, Rogets International Thesaurus, Oxford University
2. R. Palgrave, Palgrave’s Golden Treasury, Palgrave, 1994.