Sukarn's paper accepted in IEEE Transactions on Computers
"Improving the Lifetime of Non-Volatile Cache by Write Restriction"
Best Paper Award in ISED 2018
"Non-blocking Gated Buffers for Energy Efficient on-chip Interconnects in the era of Dark Silicon"
Best Paper Award in VLSI-SoC 2017
"Targeting Inter Set Write Variation to Improve the Lifetime of Non-Volatile Caches using fellow sets"
My current research interests include:
- Multiprocessor Computer Architecture
- Emerging Memory Technologies
- Near Data Processing
- Networks-on-Chip Design
- Power Aware Computing
A link to my summarising talk on Computer Architecture course: Click here
Achivements and Honours
- Senior Member of the IEEE,
- Senior Member of the ACM,
- A Council Member of ACM-India for two terms: 2014-2018 and
- Member of the Executive Committee of Smart India Hackathon 2019 under MHRD's Innovation Cell: SIH-2019
- Member of the Steering Committee of IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing,
as a representative of IEEE Computer Society for the period 2019-21: IEEE-TSUSC
Here is a list of my publications
and project students
Title: "Reducing Cache Access Time in Tiled Chip MultiProcessors"
Duration: 2013-17 (3.5 years)
Title: "Advanced embedded systems laboratory"
Duration: 2012-14 (2 years)
Objective: Curriculum development for the hardware lab using the Intel Atom kits
Title: "Formal Approach to design of latency-insensitive systems"
Agency: Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Duration: 2009-12 (3 years)
- Shirshendu Das (Jan 2011 - Jan2016) : (Assistant Professor at IIT Ropar)
Effective Utilization of LLCs by Managing Associativity, Placement and Mapping
- Shounak Chakraborty (Jan 2012 - Feb 2018) : (Assistant Professor at IIIT Guwahati)
Energy and Thermal Management of CMPs by Dynamic Cache Reconfiguration
- Sanjay Moulik (Jan 2014--) (joint student with Dr. Arnab Sarkar)
- Sukarn Agarwal (July 2014--)
- Palash Das (July 2015--)
- Sheel Sindhu Manohar (Jan 2016--)
- Arijit Nath (July 2016--)
- Khushboo Rani (July 2017--)
- Sonal Yadav (May 2018--) : PhD from MNIT Jaipur
I have been involved in organising the following events:
- Smart India Hardware Hackathon (SIHH), 18 - 22 June 2018, Institute Coordinator from IIT Guwahati
- Smart India Hackathon, SPOC from IIT Guwahati ::
- Regional GCCS Hackathon 9-10 Nov. 2017, IIT Guwahati ::
- Nodal Officer at IIT Guwahati for "Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat" ::
- Celebration of Women in Computing East and North-East, 2-3 Nov. 2015:
Deadlines: Extended abstract submission: 24 Sep. 2015. Registration: 10 Oct. 2015
- VLSI Design and Test Symposium, May 2016:
- KIC-TEQIP Workshop on Recent Advances in Computer Architecture: June 2016
1-week event with lectures and hands-on lab sessions:
Application deadline: 29, Feb 2016.
and some older courses ...
- UG (CS221) : Digital Design
- UG (CS241) : System Software Laboratory