Dr. Hemangee K. Kapoor
Professor of CSE
Associate Dean Students' Affairs
Contact Address :
Department of CSE
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Pin. 781 039, India.
Tel: +91 (0)361 258 2363
Fax: +91 (0)361 269 2787
hemangee [at] iitg [dot] ernet [dot] in
Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) positions available...
Candidates interested in Computer Architecture can write to me
For more details regarding application procedure
"Targeting Inter Set Write Variation to Improve the Lifetime of Non-Volatile Caches using fellow sets"
My current research interests include:
- Multiprocessor Computer Architecture
- Emerging Memory Technologies
- Near Data Processing
- Networks-on-Chip Design
- Power Aware Computing
- Shirshendu Das (Jan 2011 - Jan2016) : (Assistant Professor at IIIT Guwahati)
Effective Utilization of LLCs by Managing Associativity, Placement and Mapping
- Shounak Chakraborty (Jan 2012 - Feb 2018)
Energy and Thermal Management of CMPs by Dynamic Cache Reconfiguration
- Sanjay Moulik (Jan 2014--) (joint student with Dr. Arnab Sarkar)
- Sukarn Agarwal (July 2014--)
- Palash Das (July 2015--)
- Sheel Sindhu Manohar (Jan 2016--)
- Arijit Nath (July 2016--)
- Khushboo Rani (July 2017--)
Here is a list of publications
and project students
I am a Senior Member of the IEEE,
Senior Member of the ACM,
and a Council Member of ACM-India
Title: "Reducing Cache Access Time in Tiled Chip MultiProcessors"
Duration: 2013-16 (3 years)
Title: "Advanced embedded systems laboratory"
Duration: 2012-14 (2 years)
Objective: Curriculum development for the hardware lab using the Intel Atom kits
Title: "Formal Approach to design of latency-insensitive systems"
Agency: Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Duration: 2009-12 (3 years)
I have been involved in organising the following events:
- Smart India Hackathon, SPOC from IIT Guwahati ::
- Regional GCCS Hackathon 9-10 Nov. 2017, IIT Guwahati ::
- Nodal Officer at IIT Guwahati for "Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat" ::
- Celebration of Women in Computing East and North-East, 2-3 Nov. 2015:
Deadlines: Extended abstract submission: 24 Sep. 2015. Registration: 10 Oct. 2015
- VLSI Design and Test Symposium, May 2016:
- KIC-TEQIP Workshop on Recent Advances in Computer Architecture: June 2016
1-week event with lectures and hands-on lab sessions:
Application deadline: 29, Feb 2016.
and some older courses ...
- UG (CS221) : Digital Design
- UG+PG (CS524) : Introduction to VLSI Design, Verification and Test
- UG (CS222) : Computer Organisation and Architecture