Some major publications area-wise by People @ this Lab. (May not be fully updated!)
Papers tagged [Typhon] indicate that the reported work used Typhon - Mobile Agent Emulation Platform, developed at this lab., for realization while those tagged [Tartarus] indicate that the same used the new SWI-Prolog based multi-threaded version of Typhon viz. Tartarus.
Internet of Things/Cyber-Physical Systems (IoT/CPS)
- Nitu Gangwar,Tushar Semwal,Shivashankar B. Nair, CARE: An IoT based System for Passenger Service and Comfort in Railways, COMSNETS 2017, 9th International Conference on COMmunication Systems & NETworkS, January 4-8th, 2017, Bengaluru, India (ACCEPTED) [AgPi]
- Sonia, Manish Singh, Rashmi Dutta Baruah and Shivashankar B Nair, A Voting-Based Sensor Fusion Approach for Human Presence Detection, 8th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction, 12-13th Dec. 2016, Pilani, India [To appear in Springer, LNCS]
- Tushar Semwal, Shivashankar B. Nair, AgPi: Agents on Raspberry Pi, Special Issue of the Journal – Electronics: “Raspberry Pi Technology”, MDPI Open Access, (Click the paper title link to access the paper). [Tartarus]
- Tushar Semwal, Manoj Bode, Vivek Singh, Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, Tartarus: A Multi-Agent Platform for Integrating Cyber-Physical Systems and Robots, ADVANCES IN ROBOTICS – 2nd International Conference of Robotics Society of India, (ACM – In co-operation & Korea Robotics Society) 2nd to 4th July, 2015, Goa, India (Accepted) [Tartarus]
- Manoj Bode, Shashi S. Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, On Movement of Emergency Services amidst Urban Traffic, Transactions on Ambient Systems (EAI Endorsed) (Accepted) [Tartarus]
- Pulkit Verma, Mayank Gupta, Tuhin Bhattacharya, Pradip K. Das, Improving Services using Mobile Agents-based IoT in a Smart City, 2014 International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I), November 27-29, 2014, Mysore, India. [Typhon]
- Manoj Bode, Shashi S. Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, A Mobile Agent based Autonomous Partial Green Corridor Discovery and Maintenance for Emergency Services amidst Urban Traffic, In Proceedings of the First International Conference on IoT in Urban Space 2014 (URB-IOT ’14), Rome, Italy. ICST (Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering), ICST, Brussels, Belgium, Belgium, pages 13-18. DOI=10.4108/icst.urb-iot.2014.257297 http://dx.doi.org/10.4108/icst.urb-iot.2014.257297 [Tartarus]
- W.W. Godfrey, Shashi S. Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, On A Mobile Agent Framework for an Internet of Things, Proceedings of the International Conference on Communication System and Technologies, CSNT 2013, Gwalior, India, Published in IEEE Xplore, pp. 345-350. DOI: 10.1109/CSNT.2013.79. [Typhon]
- Book Chapter: Saurabh K. Singh, Shashi Shekhar Jha and Shivashankar B. Nair, On Realizing Emotional Memories, Synthesizing Human Emotion in Intelligent Systems and Robotics, Editors Jordi Vallverdú et al., IGI Publications (Accepted).
- Girish G N, Shrinivasa Naika C.L., Pradip K. Das, Face Recognition using MB-LBP and PCA: A Comparative Study, International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2014), Jan. 03 – 05, 2014, Coimbatore, India.
- Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shrinivasa Naika and Shivashankar Nair, Driving Robots Using Emotions, Transactions on Computational Science XXI, Special Issue on Innovations in Nature-Inspired Computing and Applications, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 8160, 2013, pp 64-89.
- Saurabh Prajapati, Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shrinivasa Naika and Shivashankar Nair, On Rendering Emotions on a Robotic Face, Advances in Robotics, International Conference of the Robotics Society of India, July 4-6,2013 at Pune, India (Accepted – To be published in ACM Digital Library).
- Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shrinivasa Naika C. L., Vibhor Nikhra and Shivanshankar B. Nair, “On Using Emotions in Decision-Making by Situated Robots“, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS 2012), 4 – 7 December, 2012, Pune, India, pp. 372-377, IEEE Xplore. DOI: 10.1109/HIS.2012.642136
- (BEST PAPER AWARD): Shrinivasa Naika C.L, Pradip K Das, Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, Automatic Facial Expression Recognition using Extended AR-LBP, Sixth International Conference on Information Processing (ICIP-2012), August 10th – 12th 2012, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Eds. Venugopal, K. R., Patnaik, L. M., Vol. 292, Part 3, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 244-252. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-31686-9_29
- Shrinivasa Naika C.L, Pradip K Das, Shivashankar B Nair, Asymmetric Region Local Binary Pattern For Person-dependent Facial Expression Recognition, International Conference on Computing, Communication and Applications, ICCCA-2012, 22 – 24th February, 2012, Dindigul, India pp. 1-5. (DOI:10.1109/ICCCA.2012.6179199)
- Shivashankar B. Nair, Godfrey, W. Kim, D.H., “On Realizing a Multi-Agent Emotion Engine“, International Journal of Synthetic Emotions, (IJSE), IGI Global, Vol. No. 2(2), July-December 2011, pp.1-27.
- Shrinivasa Naika C.L, Vibhor Nikhra, Shashi Shekhar Jha, Pradip K Das, Shivashankar B Nair, An Intelligent Face Tracking System for Human-Robot Interaction using Camshift Tracking Algorithm, International Journal of Machine Intelligence, ISSN:0975-2927,E-ISSN:0975-9166, pp. 263-267, Vol.3, Issue 4, Bioinfo Publishers.
2009 & Older ones
- Shivashankar B. Nair, Godfrey, W., Kim, Dong Hwa, “Towards a Dynamic Emotional Model”, Proceeding of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 5-8th July 2009, pp.1932-1936, Seoul,S.Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ISIE.2009.5217935) (Citations: GoogleScholar 03)
- (Invited Paper) Nair, Shivashankar B., “Emotional Robot Development: Emotion Agents”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovation Clusters, 12-13th May 2009, Daedeok, S. Korea, pp.478-486.
- Shivashankar B. Nair, “Towards a Mobile agent based Emotional Being”, the 3rdInternational Conference for Creation of New Interdisciplinary Paradigms on Human Centred Advanced Intelligent Research and Education, Hu-CARE-2008, Dec. 4-5th, 2009, Daejeon, S. Korea.
Symbol Grounding/Immune based Language Processing
- Nikhil S., Tushar Semwal and Shivashankar B. Nair, Immuno-Inspired Behaviour Adaptation in Multi-Robot Systems, IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SMC-2016, Oct. 9-12th, Budapest, Hungary (IEEE Conf. Ranking B) [To appear in IEEE Xplore]
- Samir Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, An Immuno-inspired approach towards Sentence Generation, Proceedings of the 2015 on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO ’15), Sara Silva (Ed.). ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 97-104.
- Tonmoy R. Saha, Shivashankar B. Nair, On Grounding Symbols for Robots, 2014 Fourth International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT 2014), Dec 19-21, 2014, pp. 249-255, IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- S. Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, “Towards a Pictorially Grounded Language for Machine Translation”, International Journal of Asian Language Processing, (IJALP), Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 87-109.
Networked Robotics/Mobile Agents/Immune Systems
- Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, On a Multi-Agent Distributed Asynchronous Intelligence-Sharing and Learning Framework, LNCS Transactions on Computational Collective Intelligence, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (Accepted)
- Tushar Semwal, Manoj Bode, Vivek Singh, Shashi Shekhar Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, Tartarus: A Multi-Agent Platform for Integrating Cyber-Physical Systems and Robots, ADVANCES IN ROBOTICS – 2nd International Conference of Robotics Society of India, (ACM – In co-operation & Korea Robotics Society) 2nd to 4th July, 2015, Goa, India (Accepted) [Tartarus] (Listed in IoT/CPS too)
- Mayank Gupta, Pulkit Verma, Tuhin Bhattacharya, Pradip K. Das, A Mobile Agents based Distributed Speech Recognition Engine for Controlling Multiple Robots, ADVANCES IN ROBOTICS – 2nd International Conference of Robotics Society of India, (ACM – In co-operation & Korea Robotics Society) 2nd to 4th July, 2015, Goa, India (Accepted) [Typhon]
- Shashi Shekhar Jha and Shivashankar Nair, Orchestrating the Sequential Execution of Tasks by a Heterogeneous set of Asynchronous Mobile Agents, [12th German Conference on Multiagent System Technologies, Stuttgart, Germany, 23-25th September 2014], Multiagent System Technologies, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 8732, 2014, pp. 103-120, Springer [Typhon]
- Shashi Shekhar Jha, W. W. Godfrey and Shivashankar B. Nair, Stigmergy based Synchronization of a Sequence of Tasks in a Network of Asynchronous Nodes , Cybernetics & Systems: An International Journal, Vol. 45, Issue 5, pp. 373-406, Taylor & Francis Publn. [Typhon]
- W. W. Godfrey, Shashi Shekhar Jha and Shivashankar B. Nair, On Stigmergically Controlling a Population of Heterogeneous Mobile Agents Using Cloning Resource, Transactions on Computational Collective Intelligence, Springer. (Accepted, To appear in Vol. 15) [Typhon]
- Shashi Shekhar Jha, Kunal Shrivastava and Shivashankar Nair, On Emulating Real-world Distributed Intelligence using Mobile Agent based Localized Idiotypic Networks, The First International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration (MIKE 2013), Virudhunagar, India, To appear in Springer LNAI, Vol. 8284.
- Kunal Shrivastava, Shashi Shekhar Jha and Shivashankar Nair, Autonomous Mobile Robot Navigation using an Artificial Immune System, Proceedings of Conference on Advances In Robotics (AIR ’13), International Conference of the Robotics Society of India, Published by ACM, Article 82, 7 pages. DOI:10.1145/2506095.2506101. [Typhon]
- Kunal Shrivastava, Nishant Singhal, Pradip K. Das, Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Speech Recognition Client-Server Model for Control of Multiple Robots“, Proceedings of Conference on Advances In Robotics (AIR ’13) , International Conference of the Robotics Society of India, Published by ACM, Article 69 , 6 pages. DOI:10.1145/2506095.2506153.
- Shashi S. Jha, Shivashankar B. Nair, A Logic Programming Interface for Multiple Robots, National Conference on Emerging Trends and Applications in Computer Science, (NCETACS – 2012), 30-31st March, 2012, Shillong, India (To be published in IEEE XPlore).
- W. Godfrey, Shivashankar B. Nair, A Bio-inspired Technique for Servicing Networked Robots, International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd., Vol. 2, No. 4, 2011, pp. 258-279.
- J. Matani, Shivashankar B. Nair, “Typhon – A Mobile Agent Framework for Real World Emulation“, 5th Multi-disciplinary Workshop on Artificial Intelligence, (MIWAI 2011), Hyderabad, India, December 7-9th, 2011. (Accepted – To appear in Springer LNAI).
- W. Wilfred Godfrey, Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Mobile Agent Cloning Controller for Servicing Networked Robots”, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Future Information Technology (ICFIT 2011), September 16-19th, 2011 Singapore. (Indexed by EI and Thomson ISI).
2010 and older
- W. Godfrey, Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Pheromone based Mobile Agent Migration Strategy for Servicing Networked Robots“, Proceedings of the 5th International ICST Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information, and Computing Systems, BIONETICS 2010, (Sponsored by ICST.ORG, CREATE-NET, ACM SIGSIM, Springer) 1-4th December, Boston, USA, ISBN: 978-963-9995-22-2 (Springer).
- W. Godfrey,Shivashankar B. Nair, D.H. Kim, “Multi mobile agent multi robot network“, Emerging Trends in Robotics and Communication Technologies, 3 to 5 December 2010, Chennai, India.
- Godfrey, W., Shivashankar B. Nair, “Mobile Agent Cloning for Servicing Networked Robots”, 13th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA 2010), November 12-15th, Kolkata, India, 2010 (To appear in Springer LNAI).
- W. Godfrey, Shivashankar B. Nair, “An Immune System based Multi-Robot Mobile Agent Network”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg ISSN 0302-9743,Volume 5132/2008, pp. 424-433 (The 7th International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems, 10-13th August 2008, Phuket, Thailand, ICARIS 2008). (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-85072-4_37) (SCI Conference)(Citations: Scopus 01, GoogleScholar 03) (Also cited in: Review Article: Recent Advances in Artificial Immune Systems: Models and Applications, Dipankar Dasgupta et al, Applied Soft Computing, Volume 11, Issue 2, March 2011, Pages 1574-1587)
- Akshat Kumar, Shivashankar B. Nair, “An Artificial Immune System based Approach for English Grammar Checking”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
- ISSN 0302-9743,Volume 4628/2007, pp. 348-357 (The 6th International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems, 26th-29th August, 2007 in Santos/SP, Brazil, Artificial Immune Systems, ICARIS 2007).(DOI:10.1007/978-3-540-73922-7_30)(Citations: GoogleScholar 02)
- Chingtham Tejbanta Singh, Shivashankar B. Nair ”An Artificial Immune System for a Multi Agent Robotic System“, World Academy of Science, Engineering And Technology, WASET, Volume 6, June 2005, ISSN: 1307-6884, Vol. 6, June 2005, pp. 308-311.(Citations: Scopus 04, GoogleScholar-10) (Also Cited in: Artificial Immune Systems and Natural Computing – Applying Complex Adaptive Technologies edited by Hongwei Mo – Chapter V Applications of Artificial Immune Systems in Agents, Idea Group Inc, 2009.)
- P. Soni, R.K. Rathore, Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Framework for the Realization of Networked Robotics and Human Beings”, International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, ISARC 2007, September 19th-21st, Kochi, India, pp. 331-338.
- K V D Pradeep Kumar, M. Saravanan, Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Communication Protocol for A mobile Adhoc Network of Robots”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Applications of IT (EAIT 2006), Science City, Kolkata, February 10-11, 2006, Elsevier Press, pp. 223-226.
- Chingtham Tejbanta Singh, Shivashankar B. Nair “Modelling a Multi-Agent Mobile Robotic test bed using a Biologically Inspired Artificial Immune System“, The Eighth Pacific Rim Workshop on Multi-Agents, PRIMA 2005, 26th-28th September 2005, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg,ISSN 0302-9743 (Print) 1611-3349 (Online), Volume 4078/2009,Multi-Agent Systems for Society (Book), pp.270-283. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-03339-1_22)
- N. Toppo Shivashankar B. Nair, “A Framework for Sharing Intelligence Among Mobile Robots on a Network”, Session on Network based Intelligent Control, Proceedings of the 2nd IASTED International Multi-Conference on Automation, Control and Information Technology (ACIT 2005) Novosibirsk, Russia, 20- 24thJune 2005, pp.93-98. (Citations: GoogleScholar 01)
- R. P. Badapanda, Shivashankar B. Nair, Kim Dong Hwa, “A Framework for Rapid Deployment of Devices and Robots on a Network“, Proceedings of the 1st International Computer Engineering Conference New Technologies for the Information Society ICENCO-2004, (IEEE Egypt Section), Cairo University Cairo, EGYPT, December 27-30, 2004, pp. 625-629.(Citations:GoogleScholar 02)
Sensor & Social Networks, Robotics
2009 and older
- B. Sukumar, Nair, Shivashankar B., “Wireless Sensor Node Localization and Terrain Mapping using Mobile Robots”, International Conference on Information and Communication Systems, ICICS-2009, Amman, Jordan. 20thDec. 2009. (Accepted).
- R.D. Baruah, Shivashankar B. Nair, “EZeeCom: Enabling spontaneous social interactions over mobile ad hoc networks”, Proceedings of the ACM sponsored International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference 2007, IWCMC 2007, August 12-16, 2007, Turtle Bay Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii, ACM Press, ISBN:978-1-59593-695-0,New York, USA, pp.559-564.(DOI:10.1145/1280940.1281059)(Citations: GoogleScholar 04)
- R.D. Baruah, Shivashankar B. Nair, “RoboSapienNet – Towards Building A Social Network of Human Beings and Robots”, Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks Next Generation Networks July 2, 3 and 4, 2007, Grand Hyatt Singapore, ISBN: 1-4244-1005-3, pp.1-6.(DOI:10.1109/WOCN.2007.4284129)
- A. Sarje, A. Chawre, Shivashankar B. Nair, “Reinforcement Learning of Player Agents in RoboCup Soccer Simulation”, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, HIS-2004, IEEE-CS Press, December 05-08th, 2004, Kitakyushu, Japan. (DOI:10.1109/ICHIS.2004.81)(Citations: GoogleScholar 08)