OpenCV 2.3.1 installation guide for Window 7 and VS 2010 professional (Express)
Follow these steps to install OpenCV 2.3.1
- Download the OpenCV-2.3.1-win-superpack.exe from the given link http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/opencv-win/2.3.1/ .
to any directory.
- Once the package is downloaded (pre-build binary i.e. no need of cmake build) to any directory e.g., D directory. Select the package and right click and choose “Run as administrator”.
- An Extract window will pop up as shown in the figure above. Enter ‘C:\’ and click the “Extract” button . You can select whichever drive/directory you wish to. Here C:\ assumed default directory.
- A folder by name “opencv” will now be created in the C:\ directory.
- Add “C:\opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin” by going to Computer (right click)->properties->Advanced-System settings->Advanced->Environment variable , System variables-> PATH as show in the figure below and restart the system.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 Professional (or Express) and select File->new project and Visual C++ and Win32Console Application as shown in figure below.
- Enter the name of the project and click OK. In the application setting select Console application and Empty project as shown in figure.
- Click Finish , then select the project and add a .cpp file as shown in figure below E.g. “test.cpp”.
- Click Add and type the code as shown in figure to display a figure. In addition, you will observe that the red underlined code also appears. (This is because we did not set the project properties as yet).
- Open Project->properties, select Active(debug), Active(win32) (note by default they will be selected), and press Configurationproperties , select VC++ directories for Include Directories (type/select) C:\opencv\build\include\opencv; C:\opencv\build\include; opencv is for C type declaration where as opencv2 is for C++ wrappers, so both should be included as shown in figure. For Library Directories select C:\opencv\build\x86\vc10\lib;
Next Select Linker ->input option and in Additional dependencies (edit…) paste the following files:
For Active (Release) paste the file names above removing the alphabet “d” before “.lib” in the file name and click OK.
Build the project and run.
In case an error ‘ tbb_debug.dll not found’ is flagged then:
Download the tbb zip from the link:
Extract the zip file and open ..”\tbb40_20111130oss\bin\ia32\vc10” and search for “tbb_debug.dll”. Copy and paste it in “C:\opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin” then run the program.
For further queries contact Shrinivasa Naika C.L (see the email address from the Contacts).