Vinay Bachu, Research Scholar
To pursue a career that provides opportunities and challenges to learn continuously and to evolve myself through a creative environment and put my skills to best use for betterment of science and humanity in general.
Jul 2013 - May 2015: Master of Science, Microbiology, Pondicherry University, India (CGPA: 8.04)
Jul 2009 - May 2012: B.Sc, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Vijaya College Jayanagar (affiliated to Bangalore University), India (76.65%)
Jun 2007 - May 2009: PUC/Class XII, Jyothi Kendriya Vidylaya (Department of Pre-university Education), (74.5%)
March 2007: Green valley public school (KSEEB), Class X (89.60%)
July 2021 - Present: Senior Research Fellow (SRF), Department of BSBE, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, India.
Jan 2016 - present: Research Scholar (PhD), Department of BSBE, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, India.
Aug 2015 - Dec 2015: Junior Research Fellow (JRF), Department of BSBE, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, India.
May 2014 - Jul 2014: Internship, Centre for Cellular and Molecuar Biology, Molecular Biology Research Area (CCMB), Hyderabad, India.
Awards and Grants
Mar 2015: Scholarship: GATE (AIR: 417)
May 2014: Scholarship: INSA Summer Research Fellow
Mar 2011: Award: Aryabhata Award (Award for highest number of prizes in intercollegiate competitions and for highest marks secured in third semester and fourth semester.)
Positions of Responsibility
Jan 2019: Member of Organizing committee in the DBT support program support sponsored workshop on â€śTherapeutic materials: Techniques and Applicationsâ€ť.
Apr 2014: Member of Organizing committee in the National workshop sponsored by Pondicherry University and UGC on â€śWonder of the small: Exploring the microbial worldâ€ť.
Skills & Activities
Skills: Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, General Microbiology, Electrochemiluminescence, Fluorescence.
Languages: Telugu, Kannada, English, Hindi, Tamil.
Scientific Memberships: none
Interests: Badminton, Squash, Swimming, Chess, Scientific writing and Scientific reviewing, Photography.
· Lightson Ngashangva, Vinay Bachu, Pranab Goswami: Development of new methods for determination of bilirubin. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 09/2018; 162., DOI: 10.1016/j.jpba.2018.09.034.
· Priyanki Das, Vinay Bachu, Lepakshi Barbora, Arup Dutta, Mrinal Kumar Sarma, Pranab Goswami*. Passive fuel delivery and efficient anoxic condition in anode improve performance of methanol biofuel cell. Applied Energy 2022/1/1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2021.117824.
· A modified syringe for detection of various enzymes for various instrument free detection. Inventors: Pranab Goswami, Naveen Kumar Singh, Vinay Bachu, Phurpa Dema Thungon . Patent Application No. 201831030902 Dated 17.08.2018.
· BIO-ELECTROCHEMILUMINESCENCE AS ANALYTICAL SIGNAL OF EXTREME SENSITIVITY (Book Name: ADVANCED MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES FOR BIOSENSORS AND BIOANALYTICAL APPLICATIONS). Author: Vinay Bachu, Dr. Pranab Goswami
· Vinay Bachu, Naveen Kumar Singh, Pranab Goswami. Carbon dots
enhanced fluorescence based aptasensing of Plasmodium falciparum Glutamate
Dehydrogenase. International conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and nanotechnology
(ICANN)-2019, Organized by Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati during 18-21
· Smita Das, Naveen Kumar
Singh, Vinay Bachu and Pranab
Goswami. Carbon dots as peroxidase mimetic catalyst for detection of H2O2and
cholesterol. International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and
Nanotechnology (ICANN)-2017, Organized by Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati
during 18th Dec-21 Dec (2017).
· Naveen K Singh, Vinay Bachu and Pranab Goswami. Carbon dots
as peroxidase mimetic catalyst for detection of H2O2 and cholesterol.
International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
(ICANN)-2017, Organized by Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati during 18th
Dec-21 Dec (2017).
· Naveen K Singh, Phurpa D
Thungon, Vinay Bachu. Development
of Plasmodium falciparum glutamate dehydrogenase-based sensor for Malaria.
poster Presentation, 19-23 Feb 2017 at International Conference on Advances in
Biological Systems and Material Science in Nano World (ABSMSNW-2017), IIT BHU.
· Two-day Lecture workshop on Plant
Biotechnology- A way to Future at Christ University Bangalore held on Jan
· A CME on TB-HIV Co-Infection-An Update, conducted under the auspices of IAMM-Puducherry Chapter, by PIMS, Pondicherry.
· Cleared 18 national level entrance examinations, which includes premiere exams like JGEEBILS, IIT JAM, GATE, JNUCBEE.
· Selected as Summer Research fellow by Indian Academy of Science in the year 2014, Worked as an intern in CCMB.
· Winner in Badminton singles and doubles category conducted by Roots sports academy.
· Awarded the first place in All India Biotechnology Quiz competition held in 2011.