· Priyanki Das won 4th prize in GBP's Talent Search Contest on innovative research ideas leading to entrepreneurial ventures in biotechnology and allied areas, organized by Guwahati Biotech park in association with Assam Science Society during 6th March 2021.
· Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (2019-2020) to Dr. Sharbani Kaushik (PhD graduate from Center for Energy) from the International Society for Energy, Environment and Sustainability (ISEES). Dr. Sharbani completed her PhD in October 2018. The title of her thesis was: Cyanobacteria Based Photosynthetic Microbial Fuel Cell: Development and Application for Sensing Alcohol.
· Sanjay Manoharan, MTech project student (completed 2019) has received 1st prize for his research proposal, “OPTISENSE- A simple smartphone –based fibre optic biosensor for detection malaria in human serum sample” submitted to Guwahati Biotech Park (GBP) at Assam Start-up Talent Search Contest on 20 November, 2019.
· PhD student Phurpa Dema Thungon has received prestigious Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship (OVDF) from SERB (DST)-UAlberta Partnership scheme to carry out a part of the PhD work at University of Alberta (UAlberta), Canada for a period of one year (May 2019-April 2020).
· PhD student Naveen Kumar Singh (Roll. no. Roll No. 136106035) received Best poster award in International Conference on Advancement in Science and Technology (ICAST-2018) 3-4 September, 2018 organized by JSPS society, Japan at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan-731235,West Bengal, India.
· PhD student Naveen Kumar Singh (Roll. no. Roll No. 136106035) Received travel grant for Shastri Indo Canadian International Conference held in New Delhi, 7-8 July 2018 from Shastri Indo Canadian Institue, New Delhi.
· PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. Roll No. 136151005) received: Third Prize in RedStart- the Startup challenge sponsored by Numaligarh Refinery Limited Guwahati, held during Feb 8-11, Research Conclave 2018, IIT Guwahati.
· The research work of PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. 136151005) received Special Highlight in THE HINDU newspaper dated 26/05/2018 for the research work on portable, selective alcohol biosensor published in: Sharbani Kaushik, Pranab Goswami*, Bacterial membrane depolarization-linked fuel cell potential burst as signal for selective detection of alcohol, ACS applied materials & interfaces, 10 (22), 18630-18640, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.8b01838 (2018).
· PhD student Naveen Kumar Singh (Roll. no. Roll No. 136106035) won Third prize with prize money Rs 20,000 in North East Bio start talent search contest, conduct by Guwahati Biotech Park during 2018.
· PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. Roll No. 136151005) received: Young Scientist Award 2017 for significant contribution to advanced materials research, awarded by Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Kolkata Chapter, held in IIEST, Shibpur, during 11th October, 2017 for the paper: SharbaniKaushik and Pranab Goswami*, FRET-guided surging of cyanobacterial photosystems improves and stabilizes current in photosynthetic microbial fuel cell.
· PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. Roll No. 136151005) received: Best Oral presentation (1st prize) in the 4th International Symposium on Advances in Sustainable Polymers (ASP 17) organized by Center of Excellence for Sustainable Polymers (Dept. of Chemical Engineering), IIT Guwahati, India and Polymer Processing Academy, India during Jan 8-11, 2018 for the paper: Sharbani Kaushik, Priyanki Das, Pranab Goswami* Paper based biofuel cell with photosynthetic microbial anode and air breathing enzymatic cathode.
· PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. Roll No. 136151005) received: First prize in poster presentation ˶Paper based photosynthetic microbial fuel cell for sensing alcohol˶ in the ICAR-NISTADS Northeast India Energy Conclave 2018held on 6th-7th June 2018 at Cotton University Guwahatiu, Assam, organized by Interdisciplinary Climate research centre, Cotton University and CSIR-NISTADS, Delhi.
· PhD student Sharbani Kaushik (Roll. no. Roll No. 136151005) received: Best Poster award in the 5th International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterial and Nanotechnology (ICANN 2017), organized by Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati during Dec 18-21, 2017 for the paper: Sharbani Kaushi, PranabGoswami* Quantum dots and Graphene Nanoplatelets in a Silk film matrix stimulates cyanobacterial photosystems to generate steady current in a PMFC.
· PhD student Naveen Kumar Singh (Roll. no. Roll No. 136106035) Selected for Newton-Bhabha PhD placement grant-2017, sponsored by British council, UK and Department of biotechnology, India and availed the fellowship for six months in University of Bath, U.K during 2017.
· PhD student Mrinal Kumar Sarma (Roll. no. Roll No. 11615101) Selected for Newton-Bhabha fellowship, and availed the fellowship for six months to work in U.K. University during 2016.
· PhD student Mallesh Santhosh (Roll no. 11610616) received 2nd Best poster award for the paper :Mallesh Santhosh and Pranab Goswami* Dual fluorometric/colorimetric assay-based on human serum albumin-stabilized gold nanoclusters for the sensitive detection of bilirubin, in South Asian workshop on Optics and Photonics (SAWOP 2015) organized by UNESCO New Delhi held at IITG, Assam, India (2015).
· The research work of PhD student Madhuri Das (Roll No. 09615106) received Special Highlight in Nature India: Doi:10.1038/nindia.2012.142; Online 26 September (2012) as ˶Alcohol Sniffer˶ for her work: Madhuri Das and Pranab Goswami* Direct electrochemistry of alcohol oxidase using multiwalled carbon nanotube as electroactive matrix for biosensor application. Bioelectrochemistry 89, 19-25 (2013).
· PhD student Mitun Chakraborty (Roll no. 09610601) received Best Poster Presentation Award in World congress on biotechnology held at Hyderabad, India; 4th-6th May, 2012, Book of Proceedings, Abstract no: P-88, Pg No: 76. for the paper: Mitun Chakraborty, Manish Goel, Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh*, Pranab Goswami* Molecular Characterization and Structure Function Relationship Studies of a Novel Alcohol Oxidase from Aspergillus terreus MTCC 6324 (2012).
· PhD student Urmila Saxena (Roll no. 07610604) received Best paper award in the category Urmila Saxena, Mitun Chakraborty, Pranab Goswami*, Gold nanoparticle based cholesterol biosensor. in International Conference On Frontier in Biological Sciences (InCOFIBS 2010) , National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, 1-3 OCT P 139 (2010).
· PhD student Preety Vatsyayan (Roll No. 06610606) received Humboldt Research Fellowship for post-doctoral research at Germany in the Year 2010.
· PhD student Preety Vatsyayan (Roll No. 06610606) received 1st Prize for the presentation of the paper: Preety Vatsyayan, A. Balasubrahmanyam and PranabGoswami, Electrochemical Studies of Cytochrome P450 Monooxygenase for Biofuel Cell Applications, DM-ELANTE 2008, Indian Society for electroanalyticalchemistry (BARC, Mumbai) held at Munnar, Kerala, 25-28 February, 2008 (RS-6).
· PhD student A Kiran Kumar (Roll no. ) received Best paper award for the paper: Preety Vatsyayan, A. Balasubrahmanyam & Pranab Goswami*, Electrochemical studies of CytP450.International conference DM-ELANTE (2008).
· PhD student Sushovan Chatterjee (Roll No. 05615101) received Best paper presentation award for the paper: Sushovan Chatterjee, Lepakshi Barbora, Adepu Kiran Kumar, Papori Goswami, Narendra Nath Dutta, & Pranab Goswami* Purification, immobilization and application of a pseudomonas lipase for transesterification of lipid International Conference on Bio-Fuel Vision 2015, Bikaneer, Rajasthan, October 13-15 (2006). This news covered in 'The Hindu' October 16, 2006; page 3.