Hostel Allotment for Interview Candidates of Mechanical Dept.(Ph.D) w.e.f 07th to 09th June, 2023 is as under.
Male: 134 no. in Brahmaputra Hostel
Female: 8 no. in Disang GW Hostel
(All in double occupancy)
Please be informed that you have to pay hostel room rent @ Rs 125 per day per pax.
Amount Payable: As applicable
Hostel Affairs Board Account:
Account Name: HAB Receipts
A/c No: 8652101029343
Bank: Canara, IITG
PhD Hostel Accomodation
For PhD Admissions (Regular and Non-Regular) - July 2023
- List of Shortlisted Candidates (Regular and Non-Regular Categories) (PDF)
- TA form (PDF)
- Call Letter (PDF)
For PhD Admissions (Interdisciplinary) - July 2023
- List of Shortlisted Candidates (Interdisciplinary) (PDF)
- TA form (PDF)
- Call Letter for Interdisciplinary PhD Students (PDF)
For Ph.D. admissions (JDP-BHU category) - July 2023
- List of Shortlisted Candidates (JDP-BHU) (PDF)
- TA form (PDF)
- Call Letter for JDP-BHU PhD Students (PDF)
Instructions for Shortlisted PhD Candidates
Please read the following instructions carefully regarding interview and selection of interview panel for regular and non-regular studentships.
- There are three interview panels: (1) Fluids and Thermal Panel (2) Machine Design Panel and (3) Manufacturing and Materials Panel.
- A candidate who has been shortlisted for the interview (offline) and has M.Tech/M.E degree must select only one panel out of the three interview panels as stated above. He/She will be interviewed only in that panel. Once selected a panel for the interview, in no circumstances it will be changed.
- A candidate who has been shortlisted for the interview (offline) and has only B.Tech/B.E degree and doesn’t have M.Tech/M.E degree can select maximum of two panels out of the three interview panels as stated above. He/She will be interviewed only in that (those) panel(s). Once selected the panel(s) for the interview, in no circumstances it (they) will be changed.
- If a candidate is given admission, then he/she will select his/her supervisor(s) for his/her PhD work from the areas of research corresponding to the panel(s) in which he/she was interviewed with mutual consent of the candidate and the faculty members.
- To assist you in selection of a panel, the candidates are strongly suggested to do the following
(a) visit the webpage (https://www.iitg.ac.in/mech) for understanding typical topics/research areas generally covered under (1) Thermal and Fluid Engineering (2) Machine Design Engineering and (3) Manufacturing Engineering.
(b) visit the faculty profiles in the webpage (https://www.iitg.ac.in/mech/faculty/) to know more about research carried out by the faculty members of the department. Alternatively, at the end of the above webpage, faculty members working in the above three different areas can be easily obtained by clicking the areas.
- Once you have decided your interview panel(s), download the Panel Selection Form(s) corresponding to your choice of interview panel(s).
Form No. - 1: Fluids and Thermal Panel Form ---- (PDF)
Form No. - 2: Machine Design Panel Form ---- (PDF)
Form No. -3: Manufacturing and Materials Panel Form ---- (PDF)
- Please completely fill up the selected interview panel form(s) (only one panel form for candidates with M.Tech/M.E degree and maximum two panel forms for candidates with B.E/B.Tech degree ) without leaving any information blank and put your signature, date and place. Convert the duly filled form(s) into a single PDF file with the name of the file must be your name. Upload the duly filled and signed PDF form in the following Google Form (whose link is given below)
- The last date for uploading the panel form in the above google form is
03 JUNE 2023, 11:59 PM.
- All shortlisted candidates are strongly advised to visit the following departmental webpage time to time to know the updates/instructions/results etc. on the PhD Admission Process.