I am a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at IIT Guwahati. My current research interest is in Blockchain science and technology. I have also worked in software testing, networks, graph theory and word combinatorics. I teach Computer Science courses such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Formal Languages & Automata Theory and Discrete Mathematics.
- Maithilee Patawar and Kalpesh Kapoor, Characterization of FS-double Squares Ending with Two Distinct Squares, European Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Applications (EUROCOMB), Sep, 2021.
- Maithilee Patawar and Kalpesh Kapoor, Characterization of Dense Patterns Having Distinct Squares, 7th Annual International Conference on Algorithms and Discrete Applied Mathematics (CALDAM), Feb, 2021.
- Deepak Kumar Gouda and Shashwat Jolly and Kalpesh Kapoor, Design and Validation of BlockEval, A Blockchain Simulator, 13th International Conference on Communication Systems & Networks (COMSNETS), Jan, 2021.
- S. Pawanekar and K. Kapoor and G. Trivedi, A High-Quality VLSI Placement Tool using Nesterov's Method for Density Penalty, Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers, Jul, 2018, 27, 8, World Scientific.
- S. Das and K. Kapoor, Weighted Approximate Parameterized String Matching, AKCE International Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics, Apr, 2017, 14, 1, 1-12, Elsevier.
- S. Pawanekar and K. Kapoor and G. Trivedi, NAP: A Nonlinear Analytical Hypergraph Partitioning Method, IETE Journal of Research, 2017, 63, 1, 60-70, Taylor & Francis.
- A. C. Nayak and A. Srivastava and K. Kapoor, On Exchange-Robust and Subst-Robust Partial Primitive Words, 17th Italian Conference on Theoretical Computer Science, Sep, 2016.
- A. Srivastava and A. C. Nayak and K. Kapoor, On Del-Robust Primitive Words, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 2016, 206, 115-121, Elsevier.
- U. Agarwal and K. Kapoor, On Reachability in Graphs with Obstacles, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, Dec, 2015, 7, 4, 1-22, World Scientific.
- S. Pawanekar and K. Kapoor and G. Trivedi, A Nonlinear Analytical Method and System for Hypergraph Partitioning, Indian Patent App. No. 347/KOL/2015, Mar, 2015.
- A. C. Nayak and K. Kapoor, On the Language of Primitive Partial Words, 9th International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications (LATA), 8977, 436-445, Mar, 2015, 436-445, Springer.
- B. Deb and K. Kapoor, On Complete S-Reachable Graphs, Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography, 2015, 18, 6, 689-703, Taylor & Francis/TARU Publications.
- S. Pawanekar and K. Kapoor and G. Trivedi, A Nonlinear Analytical Optimization Method for Standard Cell Placement of VLSI Circuits, 28th International Conference on VLSI Design, 423-428, Jan, 2015, 423-428, IEEE.
- Biswajit Deb and Kalpesh Kapoor, On Motion Planning in Product Graphs (Poster Presentation), International Congress of Mathematics (ICM), Aug, 2014.
- J. Singh and A. Darak and S. S. Dash and K. Kapoor, Algorithm for GMP1R with single hole, IEEE Explore, Students Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES), May, 2014, 1-6.
- S. Das and K. Kapoor, Fine Tuning Decomposition Theorem for Maximum Weight Bipartite Matching, Annual Conference on Theory and Applications of Models of Computation (TAMC), 8402, 312-322, Apr, 2014, 312-322, Springer.
- B. Deb and K. Kapoor, Motion Planning in Cartesian Product Graph, Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory, 2014, 34, 2, 207-221.
- S. Pawanekar and K. Kapoor and G. Trivedi, Kapees: A New Tool for Standard Cell Placement, International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT), Communications in Computer and Information Science, 382, 66-73, Jul, 2013, 66-73, Springer.
- B. Deb and K. Kapoor, On S-reachability in Graph, Indo-Slovenia Conference on Graph Theory and Applications (Indo-Slov-2013), 1-8, Feb, 2013, 1-8.
- K. Kapoor and H. Nayak, On Multiset of Factors of a Word, Information Processing Letters, 2013, 113, 3, 78-80, Elsevier.
- B. Deb and K. Kapoor and S. Pati, On mRJ reachability in trees, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, 2012, 4, 4, 1-23, World Scientific.
- P. Alevoor and P. Sarda and K. Kapoor, On Decidability and Matching Issues for Regex Languages, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 174, 137-145, 2012, 137-145, Springer.
- K. Kapoor and K. Lodaya and U. S. Reddy, Fine-grained Concurrency with Separation Logic, Journal of Philosophical Logic, Oct, 2011, 40, 5, 583-632, Springer Netherlands.
- K. Kapoor, Mutant classification supports selective mutation, Informatica, 2011, 35, 3, 331-342.
- R. M. Hierons and K. Bogdanov and J. P. Bowen and R. Cleaveland and J. Derrick and J. Dick and M. Gheorghe and M. Harman and K. Kapoor and P. Krause and G. Luettgen and A. J. H. Simons and S. Vilkomir and M. R. Woodward and H. Zedan, Using Formal Specifications to Support Testing, ACM Computing Surveys, 2009, 41, 2, 1-76.
- A. Anand and S. Sachan and K. Kapoor and S. Nandi, QDMAC: An energy efficient low latency MAC protocol for query based wireless sensor networks, International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5408, 306-317, 2009, 306-317, Springer.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Test Conditions for Fault Classes in Boolean Specifications, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, Jul, 2007, 16, 3, 1-12.
- K. Kapoor, Formal Analysis of Coupling Hypothesis for Logical Faults, Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering (A NASA Journal), Jul, 2006, 2, 2, 80-87, Springer London.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, A Formal Analysis of MCDC and RCDC Test Criteria, Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, Mar, 2005, 15, 1, 21-40, Wiley Interscience.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Experimental Evaluation of the Tolerance for Control-Flow Test Criteria, Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, Sep, 2004, 14, 3, 1-21, Wiley Interscience.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Ordering Mutants to Minimise Test Effort in Mutation Testing, International Workshop, Formal Approaches to Software Testing (FATES), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Sep, 2004, Springer, 3395, 195-209.
- S. A. Vilkomir and K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Tolerance of Control-Flow Testing Criteria, International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 182-187, Nov, 2003, 182-187, IEEE Computer Society.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Experimental Evaluation of the Variation in Effectiveness for DC, FPC, MC/DC Test Criteria, International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering (ISESE), 185-194, Oct, 2003, 185-194, ACM-IEEE.
- K. Kapoor and J. P. Bowen, Experimental Evaluation of the Tolerance for Control-Flow Test Criteria, UK Software Testing Workshop (SoftTest-II), University of York, U.K., Sep, 2003.
- K. Kapoor, Specification guided validation and testing of buffer overflow problem, EPSRC PREP, University of Nottingham, U.K., Apr, 2002.
- Neeraj Sharma. (TBD, 2021-, Co-supervisor: Hemangee K. Kapoor)
- Maithilee L. Patwar. (Repetitions in Words, 2019-, Co-supervisor: Benny George)
- Ananda Chandra Nayak. (Study of Primitive and Pseudo-Bordered Partial Words, 2013-2019)
- Amit Kumar Srivastava. (Robustness of Primitive and L-Primitive Words, 2012-2018, Co-supervisor: Benny George)
- Shibsankar Das. (On Approximate Parameterized String Matching and Related Problems, 2010-2016)
- Himadri Nayak. (On the Multiset of Factors of a String, 2009-2017)
- Biswajit Deb. (On Motion Planning in Graphs, 2009-2013)
|Jul 2022||MA251||Data Structures|
|Jan 2022||MA618||Mathematics for Computer Science|
|Jan 2022||MA252||Design and Analysis of Algorithms|
|Jul 2021||MA501||Discrete Mathematics|
|Jan 2021||MA252||Design and Analysis of Algorithms|
Ph.D. (Computer Science), London South Bank University, U.K.
M.Tech. (Computer Science), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay
M.Sc. (Applied Statistics and Informatics), Department of Mathematics, IIT Bombay
B.Sc. (Honours, Mathematics), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
2007–: Faculty, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
2004–2007: Faculty, Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
2001–2002: Senior Member of Technical Staff, Persistent Systems, Pune
Responsibilities at IITG
2021–: Head, Department of Mathematics
2020–2021: Dean, Outreach Education Programme
2019–2021: Member, Department Faculty Advisory Committee
2017–2020: Head, Computer & Communication Centre
2016–2018: Convener, Department External Relations Committee
2015–2016: Convener, Department Welfare Committee
2012–2014: NSS Coordinator
2007–2014: Department Computer Laboratory In-charge
2008–2012: Department Website
2007–2016: Faculty Advisor, B.Tech. (Maths & Computing) 2007
Other: Member DUPC, Member DPPC, Department Placement Representative, Doctoral Committee Member (CSE, Civil, Electrical, Maths, Physics)