Dr. Praveen Kumar
Ph.D. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Praveen Kumar joined the institute in 2009.
Office Address: Room No. 001, EEE Department, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, INDIA.
Phone: +91-361-2582525 (O)
• Optimization of electrical motors and drives
• Algorithm development for Multi-objective optimization and multicriteria decision making in engineering systems
• Simulation and design of electrical motors and actuators using Finite Element Methods (FEM)
• Analytical modeling of electrical motors for rapid simulation
• Simulation and Analysis of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Courses (July - Nov 2011):
Chapter on Optimization and Decision Making Strategies in Engineering Systems, in Computational Intelligence in Expensive Optimization Problems, Edited by Chi-Keong Goh and Yoel Tenne, Springer Verlag.
• An Approach to Optimization of Permanent Magnet DC Motors, P. Kumar, D. Gospodaric, P. Bauer, IEEE Young Researchers Symposium in Electrical Power engineering, 18-19 March 2004, Technical University of Delft (The Netherlands).
• Application of Genetic Algorithms in Design and Optimization of Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motors, P.Kumar, P. Bauer, Technical Meeting of IEEE IAS/PELS/PES Benelux Chapter on Optimization in Power Electronics and Actuators, 14th November 2005, Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands).
• Rapid Simulation of Permanent Magnet Motors, P. Kumar, P. J. van Duijsen, P.Bauer, International Conference for Power Electronics Intelligent Motion Power Quality, PCIM 2007, 22-24 May 2007, Nuremberg (Germany)
• Multi-objective Optimization of a BLDC Drive, P. Kumar, P. Bauer, 10th International Symposium on Mechatronics, Trencianske Teplice Slovakia, June 6-8, 2007.
• Improved Genetic Algorithm Inspired by Biological Evolution, P. Kumar, D.Gospodaric, P. Bauer, Soft Computing- A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies and Applications, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, Volume11, Number 10, pp. 923-941.
• Optimization Techniques for ED&PE (Electrical Drives and Power Electronics), P. Kumar, P. Bauer, Invited Paper in 16th International Conference on Electrical Drives and Power Electronics, The High Tatras, Slovakia, 24-26 September, 2007.
• Progressive Design Methodology for Complex Engineering Systems, P. Kumar, P. Bauer, Soft Computing- A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies and Applications, Journal Soft Computing, ISSN: 1432-7643; Springer Berlin / Heidelberg; ISSN 1433-7479 (Online), September 2008.
• An Improved Analytical Model of Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor, P. Kumar, P. Bauer, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. (The paper has been accepted).
Importance of System Boundaries in Multiobjective Optimization, P. Kumar, P. Bauer, European Power Electronics and Drives Journal.