Pre-requisites : CS206M, CS322M
Introduction to structure and organization of computer systems, operating systems, and networks Processes and threads and their scheduling, synchronization, deadlocks in concurrent processes Memory management basics, demand paging and virtual memory implementation File system design and implementation.Basics of digital communication, digital transmission of data, modulation Multiplexing Data link control with sliding window protocols, error control Local area networks, Ethernet, wireless networks Concepts of switched networks Internet addressing and routing algorithms Transport protocols, UDP, TCP, flow control, congestion control Application layer protocols such as DNS, SSL, Web.
1. A. Silberschatz, P. B. Galvin and G. Gagne, Operating System Concepts, 8th Ed, Wiley India, 2009.
2. A. S. Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, 4th Ed, Pearson India, 2003.
1. L. L. Peterson and B. S. Davie, Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, 4th Ed, Elsevier India, 2007.
2. W. Stallings, Data and Computer Communications, 8th Ed, Pearson India, 2007.
3. W. Stallings, Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, 6th Ed, Pearson India, 2009.