Pre-requisites : CS222, CS223
Familiarization with microprocessors/microcontrollers based kits including embedded systems such as the Raspberry Pi, Arduino boards, etc.; Interfacing such controllers with the real world using ADCs, DACs, a variety of sensors, motors, timers, etc. to create smart IoT based systems that lay emphasis on integrating both hardware and software components.
1. Gaonkar, Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with 8085, 5th Ed., Penram International Publishing, 2009.
2. D. V. Hall, Microprocessors and Interfacing, 2nd Ed., McGraw Hall, 2006.
3. Raspberry Pi Cookbook, Simon Monk, 2013, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
4. Arduino Cookbook, Michael Margolis, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
5. Relevant Analog and Digital IC and component manuals.