All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
All the participants are requested to submit online application for Conference Visa at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in as early as possible.
The duly signed physical copy of the application form completed in all respect and submitted successfully, is to be submitted at the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to Indian Mission/ Post, on the scheduled date of interview along with the requisite supporting documents.
For obtaining the conference visa, the following documents must be submitted to the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to Indian Mission/ Post:
- Duly signed physical copy of the application form completed in all respect and submitted successfully.
- Invitation letter from the conference organizer. ( A formal letter of invitation will be available under your profile after submitting abstract.)
- Security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. [ download pdf ]
- Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. [ not available yet ]
- Clearance from the nodal Ministry, MHRD, Government of India. [ download pdf ]
One may apply for VISA with two approvals available here and the letter of invitation available under profile.
Conference Visa for participants from Afghanistan, China, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistan origin and stateless persons can be issued ONLY after additional clearance by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Therefore, online application for Conference Visa must be submitted at least 60 days in advance.
Local Travel Information
IIT Guwahati is about 20 kms from the heart of the city and around 40 min drive from the airport. To reach IITG there is a direct bus service which starts from Don Bosco School, Panbazar. The following map (not to the scale) shows the relative location of the IIT Guwahati campus from both the airport and the train station.
If you are arriving by train, you can take the institute bus, a taxi or an auto-rikshaw from the train station. The bus stop for the institute bus is at a walking distance from the railway station. The institute bus timings can be found here.
If you are arriving by flight, the best way to reach IIT Guwahati is to hire a pre-paid taxi from the airport. Radio taxi service is also available from the airport to IIT Guwahati. Please call 0361-222-2233 to book a Prime Cab or call 0361-222-8888 to book a My Taxi. If you prefer a radio cab, it is advisable to reserve one before arrival in Guwahati. The IITG map will be helpful to locate the conference center and the guest house.
- Registration begins: June 1, 2015
- Last date of registration and abstract submission: September 30, 2015
[ Extended upto October 6, 2015 ]
Abstract Submission open until
October 23, 2015 for Posters only.
- Decision on abstracts: By October 15, 2015
- Last date of registration fee payment: October 31, 2015
[ Extended upto November 6, 2015 ]
- Late registration fee payment: November 7 - 15, 2015
- Last date of full paper submission: February 29, 2016
Sitangshu Bikas Santra,
Department of Physics,
IIT Guwahati, Guwahati - 781 039,
IMSc, Chennai - 600 113, India
Conference Email: email@example.com