CS331 : Programming Language Lab (L-T-P-C: 0-1-3-5)
Instructor : A. Sahu
TA : Chinmaya Swain (chinmayaswain< at > iitg < dot > ac < dot > in)
Venue: Online [As there is tutorial components
in this courses we will have 1 hr tutorial/week in either B1 or ML3 timing (Wednesday 8AM-12Nn). We will float assignments and you are supposed to code
for the assignment and submit before the deadline of the assignments in MS Teams]
Programming paradigms: imperative and declarative (introduction); Concurrent programming: basic idea, Java language introduction, concurrent programming with Java (threads and libraries); Logic programming: basic idea, Prolog introduction, logic programming with Prolog; Functional programming: basic idea, introduction to LISP/Haskell, functional programming with LIST/Haskell;
- Goetz, B. et al. Java concurrency in practice, Pearson 2006.
- Blackburn, Patrick, Johannes Bos, and Kristina Striegnitz. “Learn prolog now!”, Vol. 7. No. 7. Londres: College Publications, 2006.
- Hutton, G. “Programming in Haskell”, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
There will be six programming assignments with weigtages 10,15,10,15,10 and 15
- Assignment I [10 Marks, Deadline ****]:
- Assignment II [15 Marks, Deadline ****]:
- Assignment III [10 Marks, Deadline ****]:
- Assignment IV [15 Marks, Deadline ****]:
- Assignment V [10 Marks, Deadline ****]:
- Assignment VI [15 Marks, Deadline ****]:
Guidelines for the assignment submission
- You need to upload the assignment onto MS Team CS331 group before the deadline
- We have software to check the plagarism/copy case, please do the coding on your own. If two persons have similar code in any assignment then both the persons will get F grade in the courses.
Suppose you take code from some website/source then it is your responsibility that other student should not take code from the same
- Please embed comments, how to run and required inputs properly in the code, or in a separate readme file.