IIT Guwahati Welcomes All New Students of PhD Programmes
for December 2021 Session
Details of Registration, Orientation and Online Classes
Thank you for choosing IIT Guwahati as the preferred destination for research programme.
Although initially it was decided to conduct the offline classes for the Winter Semester (January-May), 2022, subsequently, in view of the SOP of COVID-19 issued by the Government of Assam dated 25-12-2021, and the restrictions imposed therein, the Institute reviewed its decision of conducting offline classes.
It is now decided that all the classes for the Winter Semester (January-May), 2022 will be started ONLINE, as per the ongoing modalities. The decision will be reviewed based on the situation of COVID-19 and the respective SOPs issued by the Government and may start offline classes, if the situation permits.
Although the students have choice to attend the classes online from home until the offline classes are announced, it is a norm of the Institute that the Regular and Full-Time students who are eligible for Teaching Assistantship have to perform their Teaching Assistance duties by reporting physically on the campus to receive the Teaching Assistantship. The students can plan accordingly.
The Institute will allot hostel accommodation for ALL admitted students and welcome to the campus, as announced earlier.
Lists of Students with Roll Nos.
Hostel Allotment List
Schedule of Activities
|Login to registration portal and fill your personal details |
|31 December 2021 onwards|
|Institute Level Orientation (OFFLINE) |
Venue: Mini Auditorium, IIT Guwahati
|3 January 2022 |
Time: 10:00 am
|Department Orientation (OFFLINE) ||To be announced by the Department / Centre / School|
|Online Course Registration (Portal: https://academic.iitg.ac.in/sso) ||31 December 2021 onwards |
|Classes start (ONLINE) ||5 January 2022 |
|Document Verification (Online) ||Dates will be announced later |
Your admission will be regularized after verification all required original documents and subject to satisfying all eligibility conditions stated in the advertisement for admission.
For document verification, you must produce all Certificates, Mark Sheets, & Other Documents listed below in Original as well as a Scanned Copy (in PDF format).
- All Certificates (Pass/ Degree Certificates, Mark Sheets/ Grade Cards, etc.) starting from 10th Class onward – Upto Qualifying Degree/ Exam
- Documents for Qualified in GATE/ CEED/ NET/ INSPIRE/ etc. – if applicable
- Birth Certificate (for proof of Date of Birth)
- For EWS candidates, Income & Asset Certificate in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2021 – if applicable
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate) in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2021 – if applicable
- SC/ ST Caste Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- PwD Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- Medical Certificate (as per format available at http://www.iitg.ac.in/acad/freshers/medreport.pdf)
- Code of Conduct Pledge, Anti-Ragging Undertaking, Undertaking by Hostel Residents, where required
- Sponsorship Letter/ No Objection Certificate from the Employer/ Work Experience Certificate, etc. and Letter of Granting Leave & Releasing for joining PhD programme from the Employer – if applicable
- Online Payment Receipt of Admission Fee
- Your Photograph in Colour (Background in White Colour)
- If available, Aadhaar Card
If your qualifying degree results are awaited, you shall have to produce original Degree Mark Sheets (for each semester/ year, as may be applicable) of your qualifying degree latest by 31.01.2022, failure to which your admission shall be cancelled. The document verification of students will start in due course. Further, you must satisfy all eligibility conditions stated in the advertisement for admission.
Disbursement of Institute Assistantship / External Fellowship for the eligible students (with arrears where applicable) will start ONLY after verification of documents and regularization of the studentship.