Seats are reserved for Indian Nationals under the categories Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Persons with Disability (PwD) according to the Government of India rules.
In the Eligibility requirements, the relaxation in minimum marks lowering by 0.5 CPI / CGPA or 5% of total/ aggregate marks is applicable only to SC, ST and PwD candidates.
OBC (Non-Creamy Layer):
- To consider under OBC(NCL) category, candidates should upload/submit a copy of the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate only in the format (See: OBC(NCL) Certificate Format) prescribed by Government of India and issued on or after April 01, 2020 by competent authorities.
- Submission of only OBC or MOBC certificate will NOT be treated as OBC(NCL) category. If no valid OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate copy is enclosed/ uploaded by a candidate, then the candidate will be treated under General category and Non-Economically Weaker Section.
- To consider under SC/ ST Category, candidates should upload/submit a copy of SC/ ST certificate in the format (See: SC/ ST Certificate Format) prescribed by Government of India issued by competent authorities.
Economically Weaker Section (EWS):
- To consider under Economically Weaker Section category, candidates should upload/ submit a copy of an Income and Asset Certificate for the last Financial Year (Period From: 01.04.2019 To: 31.03.2020) in the format (See: Income and Asset Certificate Format) prescribed by Government of India issued by competent authorities.
- The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS':
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Criteria for EWS:
- Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rupees Eight Lakh are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. Income shall also include income from all sources: i.e., salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
- Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:
- Five acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than notified municipalities.
- The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/ cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
- The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
Important Points for EWS Candidates:
- To consider under EWS category, candidates should upload/submit a copy of the Income and Asset Certificate only in the format (See: Income and Asset Certificate Format) prescribed by Government of India and issued on or after April 01, 2020 by competent authorities.
- Submission of certificate not in prescribed format or submission of income and asset certificate issued before April 01, 2020, etc. will be treated as invalid for EWS. If improper or invalid Income and Asset certificate for EWS is enclosed/ uploaded by a candidate, then the candidate will be treated under Non-Economically Weaker Section of General Category.
Persons with Disability (PwD):
- To consider under PwD category, persons with Disability of 40% or more are required to upload/submit a copy of certificate of disability in the format (See: Certificate of Disability Format) from the AUTHORIZED MEDICAL BOARD attached to one of the following - Vocational Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) for Physically Handicapped persons/ Special Employment Exchange for Physically Handicapped/ Government Hospital (District and State level).
- The candidates having less than 40% of disability are not entitled for claiming reservation under PwD category.