Applications are to be submitted online. If you are applying to more than one department/ center, then you need to register and apply separately for each department/ center. Do NOT submit more than one application form for the Dual MTech+PhD in CSE program. Before applying, please carefully go through information given in each of the following links.
Other Information/ Instructions
- Selection Process: The Department of Computer Science & Engineering will shortlist the candidates and call a limited number of candidates to the selection process (Written Test and/or Interview). For the details of the selection process and list of short-listed candidates, etc, Please visit the webpage of the Department of CSE regularly after April 10, 2021.
- Validity of OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2020. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2020 is treated as invalid.
- Validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2020. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2020 is treated as invalid.
- Limiting Number of Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview/ counseling/ portfolio review, if required, based on performance in GATE, grades/ marks in the qualifying degree examination, etc.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2021. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-08-2021. Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE/ NET/ CEED score (as may be applicable) etc., as mentioned under eligibility requirements for respective programmes. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the Dual MTech+PhD in CSE Programme of IIT Guwahati.
- Medical Insurance: Students of IIT Guwahati are covered under the Group Medical Insurance Scheme (GMIS) up to a maximum limit of rupees one lakh only. Claims under GMIS will be applicable for new students with effect from 1 August, 2021 only.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the above referred admission process.
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati