Applications are to be submitted online. If you are applying to more than one department/ center, then you need to register and apply separately for each department/ center. But, do NOT submit more than one application form for the M.A. in DS program. Before applying, please carefully go through information given in each of the following links.
Procedure for Applying
|Regular and Full Time Candidates
||Sponsored and Full Time Candidates
|Mode of Application Submission is ONLINE
||Mode of Application Submission is OFFLINE/ PAPER FORM
Keeping in view of the present situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic, willing applicants are requested to send soft copies of filled-in application forms and documents to the email id email@example.com by 30 April 2020 (Thursday). The application fee will be realised at a later date. The subject line must be OFFLINE APPLICATION – NAME OF THE CANDIDATE.
This is applicable only for Sponsored and Full Time Candidates. Regular and Full Time Candidates need to apply online.
|For applying: Click here to do First Time Registration;
There after: Click here to Login after Registration
|For downloading Application Form:
Click here for DOC format;
Click here for PDF format.
|Application Submission Process Starts on: March 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
||Application Submission Process Starts on: March 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
Other Information/ Instructions
- Selection Process: The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences will shortlist the candidates and call a liminted number of candidates to the selection process (Written Test) which is scheduled on (to be updated)). For the details of the selection process and list of short-listed candidates, etc, Please visit the webpage of the Department of HSS regularly after April 10, 2020.
- Validity of OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Limiting Number of Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview based on the performance in the qualifying degree examination, etc.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2020 (to be revised looking at the situation resulted out of the COVID-19 pandemic). If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-08-2020 (to be revised looking at the situation resulted out of the COVID-19 pandemic). Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CPI in the qualifying degree, and other conditions mentioned under eligibility requirements for M.A. in DS programme. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the M.A. in DS Programme of IIT Guwahati.
- Medical Insurance: Students of IIT Guwahati are covered under the Group Medical Insurance Scheme (GMIS) up to a maximum limit of rupees one lakh only. Claims under GMIS will be applicable for new students with effect from 1 August, 2020 only.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the above referred admission process.
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati