Applications are to be submitted online. If you are applying to more than one Department/Centre, then you need to register and apply separately for each Department/Centre. Before applying, please carefully go through information given in each of the following links.
Online Application Submission Process starts on 25 September 2019 and ends on 31 October 2019 (12 Midnight).
Common Application Portal for International Students for Masters and PhD programes in all IITs and IISc, starting from July 2020
Other Information/ Instructions
- Validity of OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Reimbursement of Travel Fare by Train: For attending PhD interview, the Regular Category candidates shall be provided reimbursement of travel expenses at the rate of to-and-fro sleeper class railway fare or equivalent (as per IIT Guwahati's travel reimbursement rules).
- Limiting Number of Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview/ portfolio review, if required, based on performance in GATE/ NET/ CEED/ INSPIRE, grades/ marks in the qualifying degree examination, etc.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 23-12-2019. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 31-01-2020. Further, they must fulfill the minimum requirements of marks/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE score/CEED score/NET or INSPIRE certificate (as may be applicable) etc., as mentioned under eligibility criteria for respective programmes. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements, shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the PhD programmes of IIT Guwahati.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the above referred admission process, as IIT Guwahati is the organizing Institute.
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Phone: +91-0361-258 2200/ 2192