Dr. Bhisma K. Patel
HAG Professor and Head
Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- B. Sc. (Hons) (1985), Sambalpur University, First Class First with Distinction.
- M. Sc. (1987) Chemistry, Sambalpur University. First Class First.
- Ph. D. (1994) Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (C.P.I. 9.67/10).
- Post. Doc. at Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicin, Gottingen, Germany.
Publications & Citations
- Number of publications: 125
- Patents: 03
- Book Chapters: 02
- Total impact factors 486.40
- Average Impact factor/paper 3.98
- Numbers of citations 3068 + times.
- “h” index 30 +
- i10-Index 61
- Works cited as best synthetic methods in organic chemistry.
- Seven Organic Letters papers as most read articles.
- Chem Commun paper as top 25 articles (1 paper).
- J.Org. Chem as most read articles (1 paper).
- Hot articles in Adv. Synth and Catal (3 papers) and in Eur. J. Org. Chem. (3 paper).
- Most downloaded Tetrahedron article
- Several papers highlighted in Synfact and other portals.
- Works cited in several text books including Advance Organic Chemistry by J. March (6th Edn.)