About TEQIP-II, IIT Guwahati
TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement program) is a World Bank assisted National level project of MHRD-GoI. To administer TEQIP-II at IIT Guwahati, a Knowledge Incubation Cell (KIC), sanctioned by MHRD, was set up in February 2014, which is attached to CET. TEQIPII, initially sanctioned up to 2015, is extended till October 2016.
- Promotion of Academic excellence
- Networking of Institutions for Quality enhancement and Resource sharing
- Quality and outreach of services to Industry and Economy.
In particular, the objectives of KIC under TEQIP are:
- Coordinate imparting of Quality Circle Training programs/internship/opportunity to enhance UG, PG & PhD curricula/collaborative research for faculties from other invited Institutions in the North-East & nearby Regions as well as from elsewhere in India.
- Innovation in Content & Curricula of Technical Education, integrating multidisciplinary approach.
- Initiate Quality Circles in specific Knowledge Disciplines to harvest best practices in Pedagogy & Knowledge management.
- Formation and management of complex virtual digital delivery systems required by various technical disciplines.
- Conduct & Coordinate Short-term courses & Workshops in collaboration with Departments & Centers.
- Facilitate organizing of Seminars, Symposiums & Conferences - preferably integrating academia and industries to interchange results/ideas - with themes in Education Development, Instructional Design, Communications, deployment of Learning content and Pedagogy, Value education, Personality development etc.
- Coordinate short-term Internships & visits of students and Faculty from nearby institutions in collaboration with Departments. Facilitate Faculty of other institutions to explore pursuing PhD related work at IITG.