Ph. D. IIT Kanpur
Designation: Professor & Head of the Department
Rohit Sinha joined the institute in 2006.
Office Address: Room No. 208, EEE Department, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, INDIA.
Phone: +91-361-2582506 (O)
Fax: +91-361-2582542, 2690762
Speech and Audio Processing, Speech Recognition, Signal Processing
Sept-Nov 2020 : EE623: Speech Signal Processing and Coding
Jan-May 2020 : EE624: Speech Technology
July-Nov 2019 : EE623: Speech Signal Processing and Coding
Jan-May 2018 : EE360: Embedded Systems
Jan-May 2013 : EE102: Basic Electronics Laboratory
July-Nov' 2012 : EE320: Digital Signal Processing
Jan-May' 2012 : EC321: Digital Signal Processor Lab
July-Nov' 2009 : EC220: Signals, Systems and Networks
- Haris B C and R. Sinha, “Low-complexity Speaker Verification with Decimated Supervector Representations”, Speech Communication (Elsevier), 67(2), pp. 11-22, December 2014.
- S. K. Yadav, R. Sinha and P. K. Bora, “ECG Signal Denoising using Nonlocal Wavelet Transform Domain Filtering”, IET Signal Processing, vol. 9(1), pp. 88-96, March 2015.
- K. Khanikar, R. Sinha, and R. Bhattacharjee, “Sparse Coding Based Spectrum Sensing in Presence of Multiple Frequency Hopping Primary Users,” in Proc. of 21th NCC, IIT Bombay, Feb. 2015
- Haris B C and R. Sinha, “Exploring Data-independent Dimensionality Reduction in Sparse Representation based Speaker Identification,” Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 33(8), pp. 2521-2538, August 2014.
- S. Shahnawazuddin and R. Sinha, “Improved Bases Selection in Acoustic Model Interpolation for Fast On-Line Adaptation,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 21(4), pp. 493-497, April 2014.
- Haris B C, G. Pradhan, Rohit Sinha and S. R. M. Prasanna, “The IITG Speaker Varification Systems for NIST SRE 2012”, in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Vancouver, Canada, May 2013.
- Haris B C and R Sinha,“On exploring the similarity and fusion of i-vector and sparse representation based speaker verification systems,” in Proc. of Odyssey 2012: The Speaker and Language Recognition Workshop, Singapore, June 2012
- Haris B C and R. Sinha , “Sparse representation over learned and discriminatively learned dictionaries for speaker verification,” in Proc. of IEEE ICASSP, Kyoto, Japan, March 2012
- S. Ghai and R. Sinha, “Enhancing children’s speech recognition under mismatched condition by explicit acoustic normalization, in Proc. of INTERSPEECH 2011, Makuhari, Japan, Sept. 2011
- Haris B C, G. Pradhan, A. Misra, S. Shukla, R. Sinha, and S. R. M. Prasanna, “Multivariability speech database for robust speaker recognition, in Proc. 17th NCC, IISc, Bangalore, Feb. 2011
- S. Ghai and R. Sinha, “Exploring the Effect of Differences in the Acoustic Correlates of Adults’ and Children’s Speech in the Context of Automatic Speech Recognition”, in special issue on “Atypical Speech” of EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, March 2010, Article ID 318785, 15 pages.
- R. Sinha and Shweta Ghai, “On the use of Pitch Normalization for Improving Children’s Speech Recognition, in Proc. of INTERSPEECH, Brighton, UK, September 2009, pp. 568-571
- Shweta Ghai and Rohit Sinha, “Exploring the Role of Spectral Smoothing in context of Children’s Speech Recognition, in Proc. of INTERSPEECH, Brighton, UK, September 2009, pp. 1607-1610
- Rohit Sinha and S. Umesh, “A shift-based approach to speaker normalization using nonlinear frequency-scaling model”, Speech Communication (Elsevier), vol. 50(3), pp. 191-202, March 2008.
- Shweta Ghai and Rohit Sinha, “An investigation into the effect of pitch transformation on children speech, in Proc. IEEE TENCON, Hyderabad, India, Nov. 2008, pp. 1-6.
- S. Umesh and Rohit Sinha, “A Study of Filter Bank Smoothing in MFCC Features for Recognition of Children’s Speech”, IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 15(8), pp. 2418-2430, November 2007.
- M.J.F. Gales, P.C. Woodland, H.Y. Chan, D. Mrva, Rohit Sinha, S.E. Tranter, “Progress in the CU-HTK Broadcast News Transcription System,” IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 14(5), pp. 1513-1525, September 2006.
- R. Sinha, M.J.F. Gales, D.Y. Kim, X.A. Liu, K.C. Sim and P.C. Woodland, "The CU-HTK Mandarin Broadcast News Transcription System", Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustic Speech and Signal Processing, Toulouse, France, May 2006, vol. 1, pp. 1077-1080.
- R. Sinha, S.E. Tranter, M.J.F. Gales and P.C. Woodland, "The Cambridge University March 2005 Speaker Diarisation System", Proc. of European Conference on Speech Communication Technology, Lisbon, Sept. 2005, pp. 2437-2440.
- S. Umesh, R. Sinha and S.V. Bharath Kumar, "Appropriate Linear Scaling Model in Speaker Normalization: A Study ", Proc. of International Conference on Acoustic Speech and Signal Processing, Montreal, May 2004, vol. 1, pp. 345-348.
- Rohit Sinha and S. Umesh, "Non-uniform Scaling based Speaker Normalization", Proc. of International Conference on Acoustic Speech and Signal Processing, Florida, USA, May 2002, vol. 1, pp. 589-592.