Ph.D. (IIT Kanpur)
Designation: Associate Professor
Indrani Kar joined the institute in 2009.
Office Address: Room No. 108, EEE Department, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, INDIA.
Phone: +91-361-2582524 (O)
Nonlinear Systems and Control, Adaptive Control, Soft Computing Applications, Control of Robot Manipulators, Mobile Robot Path Planning, Consensus in Multi-Agent Systems
Intelligent Systems and Control: Principles and Applications, Laxmidhar Behera and Indrani Kar, Oxford University Press,2009
Laxmidhar Behera, Indrani Kar and A.C. Elitzur, Chapter 9: Recurrent Quantum Neural Network and Its Applications, in The Emerging Physics of Consciousness, Jack Tuszynski (Ed), Springer Verlag, 2005
- Real-Time Coordination of Electric Vehicles to Support the Grid at the Distribution Substation Level" M. Singh, K. Thirugnanam, P. Kumar and I. Kar, Accepted in IEEE Systems Journal, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2013.2280821
- "Adaptive Control using Multiple Models and Second Level Adaptation for Nonlinear Systems" Vinay Kumar Pandey, Indrani Kar and Chitralekha Mahanta, 37th National Systems Conference, December 2013, Jodhpur, India
- "T-S Fuzzy Model Based Controller And Observer Design for A Twin Rotor MIMO System", Deepak Kumar Saroj and Indrani Kar, IEEE Conference on Fuzzy Systems, July 2013, Hyderabad, India
- "Consensus of Multi-agent Systems with Back-stepping for Switching Topologies", Yanumula Venkata Karteek and Indrani Kar, IEEE Workshop on Computational Intelligence, July 2013, Kanpur, India
- Mukesh Singh, Praveen Kumar and Indrani Kar, “A Multi Charging Station for Electric Vehicles and Its Utilization for Load Management and the Grid Support”, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, Vol. 4, pp: 1026-1037, June 2013
- "Sliding Mode Controller Design for Twin Rotor MIMO System with A Nonlinear State Observer", Deepak Kumar Saroj, Indrani Kar and Vinay Pandey, International Conference n Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing, March 2013, Kerala, India
- "On balancing a cart-pole system using T–S fuzzy model", Indrani Kar, Prem Kumar Patchaikani and Laxmidhar Behera, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 207, pp: 94–110, November 2012
- Mukesh Singh, Praveen Kumar, and Indrani Kar, “Designing a multi charging station for electric vehicles and its utilization for the grid support,” IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2012
- "A Model of Electric Vehicle Charging Station Compatibles with Vehicle to Grid Scenario", Mukesh Singh, Praveen Kumar, and Indrani Kar, in IEEE International Electrical Vehicle Conference, March 4-8, 2012, Greenville, South Carolina, USA (2012).
- Mukesh Singh, Praveen Kumar, and Indrani Kar, “Coordination of Multi Charging station for Electric Vehicles and its utilization for Vehicle to Grid scenario” in 2012 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC’12)
- "Implementation of Vehicle to Grid Infrastructure Using Fuzzy Logic Controller", Mukesh Singh, Praveen Kumar and Indrani Kar, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, Vol. 3, pp: 565-577, March 2012
- M. Singh, P. Kumar, and I. Kar, 'Analysis of Vehicle to Grid Concept in Indian Scenario', Proc. of 14th International Conference on Power Electronics and Motion Control, PEMC, Ohrid, 2010
- M. Singh, I. Kar and P. Kumar, 'Influence of EV on Grid Power Quality and Optimizing the Charging Schedule to Mitigate Voltage Imbalance and Reduce Power Loss', Proc. of 14th International Conference on Power Electronics and Motion Control, PEMC, Ohrid, 2010
- Indrani Kar and Laxmidhar Behera, Visual Motor Control of a 7 DOF Robot Manipulator Using a Fuzzy SOM Network, Intelligent Service Robotics, Vol. 3, No. 1, Pages: 49-60, 2010
- Indrani Kar and Laxmidhar Behera. "Direct adaptive neural control fo affine nonlinear systems", Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 9, Pages: 756-764, 2009.
- Indrani Kar and Laxmidhar Behera, Direct Adaptive Neural Control Scheme for Discrete Time Affine Nonlinear Systems, IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control, September 2008, San Antonio, US.
- Indrani Kar, Prem Kumar P. and Laxmidhar Behera, "Visual Motor Control of a 6 Dof Robot Manipulator Using a Fuzzy Learning Paradigm", IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, June 2008, Hong Kong.
- Indrani Kar, Prem Kumar P. and Laxmidhar Behera, "Network Inversion Based Controller Design for Discrete T-S Model", IFAC World Congress, July 2008, Seoul.
- P. Premkumar, Indrani Kar and Laxmidhar Behera, "Variable Gain Controllers for Nonlinear Systems using T-S Fuzzy Model", IEEE Trans. SMC-B, Vol. 36, No. 6, Pages: 1442-1449, 2006.
- Laxmidhar Behera, Indrani Kar and Avshalom C. Elitzur, "Recurrent Quantum Neural Network Model to Describe Eye Tracking of Moving Target", Foundations of Physics Letters, Vol. 18, No. 4, Pages: 357-370, 2005.
- Indrani Kar, Richa Tayal and Laxmidhar Behera, "Quantum Memory and Pattern Retrieval", Internation Journal of Lateral Computing, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2005.
- Indrani Kar, Prem Kumar P. and Laxmidhar Behera, "On Identification and Stabilization of Nonlinear Plants using Fuzzy Neural Network" IEEE SMC, Hawaii, Oct 10-12, 2005.