First interdisciplinary M. Tech. programme at IIT Guwahati.
Accommodates flexible student background at the admission time. See eligibility criteria for this programme.
CSE, EEE and Mathematics departments offer this program. Curriculum is designed keeping in view diversity of the students, emphasizing on the foundational subjects the programme expects.
Starting of the Program
This new program is starting from the July 2019 academic year. Visit the link for details about admission and application procedure
Competitive Admission Procedure
This programme is starting with total of 20 seats. Best of the candidate will be competing.
Starting date of online applications filling.
5:00 PM, 08-Apr-2019
Closing date of online application acceptance. Visit Admission to M. Tech Programmes
Written Test Date Finalized
Written Test at IITG on May 14, 2019 . The offers will be notified through the COAP 2019 portal. Please follow it up at Follow up link
M. Tech in Data Science as a Degree
Few institutions offer
Very few institutions offer data science as degree programme that span two years including one year research exposure in this field.
Data Science is gaining prominence in academia and industry
Data science witnessing applications in diverse research disciplines. Introduction to this program opens up several new opportunities in science and engineering research.
Data Scientist positions are new roles where industry is looking for trained resources. There is a perceivable large gap between the number of opportunities and the trained resources.
Bachelor’s degree in any stream of Engineering/ Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area or MCA/M. Sc/Four years B Sc or equivalent in appropriate discipline
Minimum CPI of 6.0 or 60% qualifying degree, fulfilling specific requirements for different disciplines.
A valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score in CS, EC, EE, IN, MA, ST or XE is a must.
Candidates meeting minimum requirements are eligible for applying to M. Tech. in Data Science programme. Short-listed candidates will be called for a written test to be held at IIT Guwahati Campus.
- Have a valid GATE score in CS, EC, EE, IN, MA, ST or XE
- Apply through Offline/online application procedure on or before 5:00 PM, 08-Apr-2019. Visit for details: IIT Guwahati Admission July 2019
- Short listing of applications will be based on GATE score
- Short listed candidates will be called for written test to be held at IIT Guwahati
- Written test to be held at IIT Guwahati tentatively on 13-May-2019
- Follow-up the developments at IIT Guwahati Admission July 2019
- Engineering Mathematics (50%): Download sample questions
- Linear Algebra: Matrices, determinants, system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors;
- Calculus: Limits and continuity, Differential and integral calculus, Maxima and minima, Applications of Differential and integral calculus;
- Probability: Classical probability, independent events, Conditional Probability and Bayes Theorem.
- Data types, variables, operators, expressions, statements, control structures, array
- Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Interpretation of table, Interpretation of Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Plot.
Please click here to proceed with online application procedure