Pre-requisites : NIL
Course Contents: Introduction to computer vision: Image classification and clustering, Linear classification, Higher-level representations, Object detection, Bag of words, Object recognition/categorization, Segmentation; Introduction to Neural Networks: Linear regression, Backpropagation, Cross-validation process, Optimization, Debugging; Convolutional Neural Networks: Architectures, convolution / pooling layers, Understanding and visualizing CNN; Beyond image classification: localization, detection, segmentation; Recurrent Networks : Image captioning example.
1. Image and video text recognition using convolutional neural networks: Study of new CNNs architectures for binarization, segmentation and recognition of text images, byZohra Saidane, Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (April 5, 2011)
2. Face Image Analysis with Convolutional Neural Networks, byStefan Duffner, Publisher: GRIN Verlag (October 18, 2013)
3. Fundamentals of Deep Learning, Designing Next-Generation Artificial Intelligence Algorithms By Nikhil Buduma, Publisher: O'Reilly Media (June 2015)
1. Neural Networks and Deep Learning, by Michael Nielsen, Online Book: http://neuralnetworksanddeeplearning.com.
2. ImageNet Classification with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks, Alex Krizhevsky, Ilya Sutskever, Geoffrey E Hinton, NIPS 2012.
3. Going Deeper with Convolutions, Christian Szegedy, Wei Liu, Yangqing Jia, Pierre Sermanet, Scott Reed, Dragomir Anguelov, Dumitru Erhan, Vincent Vanhoucke, Andrew Rabinovich, 19-Sept-2014.
4. Learning Hierarchical Features for Scene Labeling, Clement Farabet, Camille Couprie, Laurent Najman and Yann LeCun, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2013.
5. Learning Convolutional Feature Hierachies for Visual Recognition,Koray Kavukcuoglu, Pierre Sermanet, Y-Lan Boureau, Karol Gregor, Michal Mathieu and Yann LeCun, Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS 2010), 23, 2010.
6. Ciresan, Dan, Ueli Meier, and Jrgen Schmidhuber.Multi-column deep neural networks for image classification.Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2012 IEEE Conference on. IEEE, 2012.