Pre-requisites : NIL
Assembly Language Programming: Basic concepts of computer organization, instruction and data representation Linux Assembly language Assembly Language Programming and Simulation using X86 C-Macro Linker and Loader: Design of Linkers and Loaders in C-Compile and go loader, Absolute Loaders, Relocating Loaders, Direct Linking Loaders.Documentation and Presentation: Document writing and Slides using LaTex Windows administration: Managing the server operating system, file, and directory services, Software distribution and updates, Profiling and monitoring assigned servers, Security and Troubleshooting Unix system calls like Fork, Join, Quit.
1. A.S. Tanenbaum, Structured Computer Organization, Prentice Hall, 1999.
2. R. Britton, MIPS Assembly Language Programming, Prentice Hall, 2003.
3. J. J. Donovan, Systems Programming, 45th Reprint, Tata Mc-Graw-Hill, 1991.
4. D. M. Dhamdhere, Systems Programming And Operating Systems, Tata Mc-Graw-Hill, 2 Revised edition, 2008.
5. J. Levine, Linkers and Loaders, MORGAN KAUFFMAN, 1999.
6. Leslie Lamport, LaTeX: A Document Preparation System, 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley Series, 1994.
7. B. Kauler, Windows assembly language & Systems Programming: 16- And 32-Bit Low-Level Programming for the PC and Windows, 2nd Ed, CMP Books; August 1997