Dr. Murali Pujari
Title: Combinatorial Plating Characteristics of Electroless Processes for dense Pd-PSS composite Membrane Fabrication.
Supervisors: Prof. R. Uppaluri and Dr. Anil Verma
The Ph.D. thesis research has been carried out in four different areas of research which are outlined as follows:
- Identification of optimal rate enhanced Pd electroless plating processes for the cost effective fabrication of dense Pd/porous stainless steel composite membrane fabrication. The investigated plating processes include sonication assisted, surfactant induced, sonication and surfactant induced and conventional electroless plating processes. Bulk, phase wise and drop wise addition of the hydrazine reducing agent were considered as alternative process modifications.
- Parametric optimization of the optimal rate enhanced Pd electroless plating process using relevant combinations of various plating characteristics.
- Role of nickel diffusion barrier on the combinatorial plating charecteristics of optimal Pd electroless plating processes.
- Effect of chromia and surfactant induced chromia diffusion barriers on the combinatorial plating characteristics of optimal Pd electroless plating processes.
The project was a sponsored DST project and enabled the successful filing of an Indian patent in the field of dense Pd composite membrane fabrication using electroless plating. A novel process has been invented in the Ph.D. thesis work.
- Murali Pujari, Amrita Agarwal, R.Uppaluri, A.Verma, "Effect of surfactant concentration and loading ratio on the electroless plating characteristics of dense Pd composite membranes:, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 53(8) (2014) 3105-3115.
- Murali Pujari, Amrita Agarwal, R.Uppaluri, A.Verma, "Role of Electroless Nickel diffusion barrier on the combinatorial plating characteristics of dense Pd/Ni/PSS composite membranes ", Applied Surface Science, 305 (2014) 658-664.
- Murali Pujari, Amrita Agarwal, R.Uppaluri, A.Verma, "Efficacy of novel electroless plating process for dense Pd/Cr2O3/PSS membrane fabrication", Materials and Manufacturing Processes, In press, DOI: 10.1080/10426914.2014.880469 (2014).
- Murali Pujari, Amrita Agarwal, R.Uppaluri, A.Verma, "Combinatorial electroless plating characteristics for dense Pd-PSS composite membrane fabrication", Materials and Manufacturing Processes (2014).
Indian Patent (filed):
- Murali Pujari, Amrita Agarwal, R.Uppaluri, Verma A. Composition and Method for Dense Palladium Composite Membrane Fabrication, Indian Patent filed (07-10-2013), Application No. 1150/KOL/2013.