|1. Centre for Excellence in Research and Development of Nanoelectronic Theranostic Devices - DeitY (2014 – 2019) – as Principal Investigator
2. Design and Development of Intelligent Catalytic Nanobots – DST NANO MISSION (2013-2016) – as Principal Investigator
3. A Computational Study on the Phase Separation Induced Pattern Formation Employing Ultrathin Films – CSIR (2013-2016) - as Principal Investigator
4. External Field Driven Flow Induced Micro/Nano Scale Patterning, Mixing, Heat and Mass transfer in Micro/Nano Fluidic Devices, SERB Project in Engineering Sciences, DST (2011-2014) - as Principal Investigator
5. A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on the Instability and Patterning of Thin Liquid Crystal Films, FAST TRACK Project, DST, (2010-2013) - as Principal Investigator
We propose to study the dynamic behavior of thin films and drops of nematic LCs. The specific objectives of this proposal are three fold. (1) Experimental study on the deformation, pattern formation and phase transition of thin LC films on smooth and patterned surfaces; (2) Development of long-wave models from the nematohydrodynamic transport equations and compare them with the experiments that involves deformations/pattern formation at the free surfaces and moving contact lines; (3) Develop long-wave models from the bulk equations, which describe films in the nematic and/or isotropic phase and transitions between them.
These studies will allow us to answer the set of intriguing open questions in this area of research.
6. Influence of Porous Substrates on the Instabilities and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films, SEED Grant, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (2009-2012) - as Principal Investigator
7. DST - FIST Grant (2011-2016) - One of the Proposers and Investigators Facilities – Interfacial Rheometer, Ellipsometer, GC, XRD.
8. 2009-National Mission Project on Pedagogic Development: Development of the Course Colloid and Interface Science (Rs. 5 Lakh) - as Co-Principal Investigator