Applications are to be submitted online for Regular with valid GATE category. If you are applying to more than one department/ center, then you need to register and apply separately for each department/ center. But, do NOT submit more than one application for an MTech program of one discipline/ one department or one center. Before applying, please carefully go through information given in each of the following links.
Procedure for Applying
|Candidates with valid GATE Score
||Candidates without valid GATE Score
|Mode of Application Submission is ONLINE
||Mode of Application Submission is OFFLINE/ PAPER FORM
Keeping in view of the present situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic, willing applicants are requested to send soft copies of filled-in application forms and documents to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2020 (Thursday). The application fee will be realised at a later date. The subject line must be OFFLINE APPLICATION – NAME OF THE CANDIDATE.
This is applicable only for Candidates without valid GATE Score. Candidates with valid GATE Score are to apply online.
|For applying: Click here to do First Time Registration;
There after: Click here to Login after Registration
|For downloading Application Form:
Click here for DOC format;
Click here for PDF format.
|Also Register at: Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)-2020;
and then enter the COAP-2020 Registration Number while applying online for MTech to IITG.
|Application Submission Process Starts on: March 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
||Application Submission Process Starts on: March 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
Other Information/ Instructions
- Validity of OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2019. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2019 is treated as invalid.
- Limiting Number of Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview/ counseling/ portfolio review, if required, based on performance in GATE, grades/ marks in the qualifying degree examination, etc.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2020 (to be revised looking at the situation resulted out of the COVID-19 pandemic). If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-08-2020 (to be revised looking at the situation resulted out of the COVID-19 pandemic). Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE/ NET/ CEED score (as may be applicable) etc., as mentioned under eligibility requirements for respective programmes. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the MTech programmes of IIT Guwahati.
- Medical Insurance: Students of IIT Guwahati are covered under the Group Medical Insurance Scheme (GMIS) up to a maximum limit of rupees one lakh only. Claims under GMIS will be applicable for new students with effect from 1 August, 2020 only.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the above referred admission process.
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati